Well, do you want to have the thrilling fun of playing slots, but still be rewarded for your skill and knowledge? Then we have the right game for you. Video poker, it is considered to be the “IT” game of casino gambling.
Here’s a video poker guide for anyone and everyone who wants to be in charge of their destiny.
What are the steps to Play Video Poker?
The steps included in video poker are few and super easy to understand.
- Select the poker machine you want to play on.
- In case you are playing in an online casino then make sure it’s a safe, and legitimate casino site.
- Once you start the game, you first have to place your initial bet.
- You will be dealt with five cards.
- Two choices can be made based on the basic strategy, hand value (learn more about it below) payout, and taking into consideration your cards.
- Cash-out the hand because the luck was in your favor and you were dealt a winning hand.
- Choose to hold the cards that you think might help you win and replace the other cards once. You get only one chance to do that.
- The final hand decides the win and rewards.
Yes, the steps are easy, but now comes the tricky part. You must know more about the hand ranking and strategy to help you win.
But before that let’s understand-
What are the different types of video poker games?
Well there are many version of the video poker games available on online casinos, you can visit the website to know more, but the primary difference comes in:
- Five cards hand v/s 3 cards hands.
- 52 standard card deck game v/s Joker card game.
What are the winning hand rankings in video poker?
The hand rankings may defer for certain games like joker poker or three card poker, but the basic winning hand combination is listed below. (From highest paying to lowest paying)
- Royal Flush: A sequence of 5 cards 10-J-Q-K-A of the same suit
- Straight flush: Hand of five same suit sequential cards.
- Four of a kind: Hand of four cards of the same rank.
- Full house: The hand of three cards of the same level and two of another.
- Flush: Five same suit non-sequential cards.
- Straight: Five different suit sequential cards.
- Three of a kind: Three cards of the same rank.
- Two pair: Two pairs of different cards.
- Jack or better: A hand of two cards of the same value. In some games, only jack and higher values are considered.
What is the basic strategy to win video poker?
If you want to have a standing chance of winning video poker, then it’s imperative to study the basic strategy. Keep reading to understand the cards to hold onto and the cards to replace.
- Always hold on to the royal flush, straight flush, four of a kind, and a full house. The stakes are too high to replace them.
- Never let go of your joker card (it is your wild card that can complete your hand with the missing card).
- In case of a low pair with two unsuited high cards always hold on to the low pair.
- Three-card straight flush with two unsuited high cards, hold three-card straight flush.
- If you want to play safe, never replace a winning hand for a potential upper winning hand.
Learn more about the basic strategy and how to play each hand to turn the odds in your favor.
Few extra tips and tricks to play video poker online:
- Take advantage of the online casino bonus.
- Learn the payable thoroughly to make sure you are making the most of your wagered money.
- Only play with licensed online casinos.
- Try out the demo game and understand the hand combination practically before playing with real money.