Charlie Cox is synonymous with Matt Murdock AKA Daredevil in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. But another name could replace Daredevil’s position as Cox’s role of a lifetime. The name’s Bond. James Bond.
Ever since Daniel Craig departed from the franchise after No Time to Die, everyone’s curious to know who will be filling in his shoes as 007. And now, Charlie Cox is the latest in the long list of actors rumored to play the next James Bond. Is it true?
Charlie Cox as James Bond?
- No one knows for sure where these rumors originate but out of nowhere, Charlie Cox became the internet’s frontrunner to take the role of James Bond in the next film.
- It’s not uncommon for a leading English actor to be named a James Bond candidate. Charlie Cox’s friends and fellow actors, Robert Pattinson and Tom Hiddleston can attest to this.
- There is no confirmed director for the next James Bond film and the character’s future looks more uncertain than ever. Especially after the iconic character gets an emotional fatal farewell in No Time to Die.
- However, this has not stopped the rumor mill from generating news about Charlie Cox taking up the mantle.
What Charlie Cox said
- Unfortunately for his fans, Charlie Cox has responded negatively to the James Bond rumors. In an interview with NME, Cox asked if his name was even on the list, meaning if he was even considered for the role.
- Charlie Cox thinks the odds of him getting the role are against him. But he does admit that “the Bond itch” has always been there. He compares it to playing a superhero in Daredevil.
- Charlie Cox prefers if Bond producers took a different route with the casting, in terms of ethnic diversity.
Charlie Cox’s recent work
- Interestingly, Charlie Cox plays an MI6 spy in his latest Netflix miniseries outing, Treason. Now, it makes more sense why Charlie’s name moved up places in the “next James Bond” list.
- Charlie Cox’s Matt Murdock character finally gets a well-deserved reboot in 2024 via his own Disney+ show, Daredevil: Born Again. The actor was last seen as Daredevil in Marvel’s She-Hulk: Attorney at Law.
Next James Bond
After Daniel Craig’s exit, fan favorites for the next James Bond include Tom Hardy, Richard Madden, and Idris Elba. As much as we’re sad for Henry Cavill’s Superman, now is a great time to consider playing the iconic spy character.
Henry Cavill as James Bond >>> pic.twitter.com/bVB4oJMbe5
— 𝗚𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗹𝘁 of North (@Itssan17) December 17, 2022
Apart from Charlie Cox and the others on our list, who else do you think should be the next James Bond?
You can also share any questions you have about Daredevil’s Charlie Cox. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.