Fresh rumors have emerged that actor Johnny Depp is involved in verbal fights with French female director Maïwenn. Depp was the center of media attention in 2022, thanks to his highly publicized trial with actress and ex-wife Amber Heard.
Despite getting the upper hand in the defamation lawsuit, Johnny Depp has been treading carefully in Hollywood. Reports of verbal fights with a female director right after this trial is bad for Depp’s public image.
Johnny Depp vs Maïwenn
- The reports come from popular French showbiz commentator Bernard Montiel on his YouTube channel Touche pas à mon poste!
- On the sets of La Favorite, Johnny Depp has a lot of tense verbal fights and arguments with female director Maïwenn.
The reason for the fights between Depp and Maïwenn is unclear, but it seems to be mostly due to timing issues.
- Rumor goes that Depp and Maïwenn’s heated verbal fights have made it difficult for the rest of the cast and crew to complete production for the film.
Maïwenn’s La Favorite
Months before the trial against Amber Heard, Johnny Depp bagged the role of King Louis XV in the upcoming French film, Jeanne Du Barry.
“La Favorite” Starring Johnny Depp coming 2023 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ pic.twitter.com/Y6QKaXvtIN
— Justice4ALL (@JusticeSquad2) September 12, 2022
- Later retitled as La Favorite, the film is directed by Maïwenn who is known for films such as Pardonnez-moi and Polisse.
- Maïwenn is the ex-wife of director Luc Besson who made Leon: The Professional. Interestingly, Leon is based on Besson and Maïwenn’s relationship. They met each other when she was 12 and he was 29, and they began dating when she was 15.
- Other cast members of La Favorite include Louis Garrel, Pierre Richard, and Noemie Lvovsky. The film is expected to be released sometime in 2023.
Johnny Depp-Amber Heard case
Johnny Depp filed a defamation lawsuit against Amber Heard for false charges of domestic abuse and sexual violence. The former couple’s relationship was the subject of all social media headlines as the trial was live-streamed.
- The final verdict was in favor of Johnny Depp as the jury ruled against Amber Heard’s claims of abuse as a hoax.
Depp’s future in Hollywood
- Despite “winning” the trial, Johnny Depp is yet to recover from the damage of the original accusations from Amber Heard in 2016.
- Since then, Depp has lost movie roles in Hollywood, most notably his role as Grindelwald in the Fantastic Beasts franchise. His future as Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise also looked bleak.
Johnny Depp’s future as a Hollywood superstar still hangs in the balance after the Amber Heard trial. Fans await his comeback in his upcoming film La Favorite. But his verbal fights with the female director will surely affect his fragile public image.
You can also share any questions you have about Johnny Depp. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.