As the Open Beta for Diablo 4 is just around the corner, fans are excited about the various classes that the game has to offer. Many have seen the Necromancer trailers and posts on social media by Blizzard Entertainment. So it is natural that everyone will want to try it.
But the Necromancer is one of the two locked classes in the Diablo 4 Early Access Beta, the other being the Druid. The Diablo veterans know, how strong this class is. You will raise the undead, do tremendous AoE damage with flashy spells, and have a ton of other skills.
In this article, you will learn how to unlock the Necromancer class and what are its key abilities and skills.
Diablo 4 beta: How to unlock Necromancer, its abilities, and skills
Unlocking the Necromancer class
Team Necro or Team Druid?
Command the dead or kill with the fury of nature during the #DiabloIV Open Beta, March 24–26. pic.twitter.com/8ayfLLNW5t
— Diablo (@Diablo) March 1, 2023
The developers have confirmed that you can play as the Necromancer class only in the open beta of the game and after the official release. So, you will have to take part in the Open Beta weekend, which starts on March 24, 2023.
This piece of news was confirmed by Blizzard Entertainment in its Diablo 4 beta blog post. The Druid class will also be available only in the Open Beta from March 24. So the only available options during the Early Access are – Barbarian, Rogue, and Sorceress. However, do not be disappointed as the Open Beta is almost there.
Necromancer: Skill categories and abilities
The Necromancer is a dangerous opponent for its enemies as not only does it do enormous damage, it can also bring forth an entire army to fight for it. With a great affinity for blood and bone magic, it is a formidable force.
The followings are the skills and abilities of this class:
- Basic Skills: These are free-to-use abilities that do not cost any essence and have zero cooldowns. You can spam them freely. These are Decompose, Reap, Hemorrhage, and Bone Splinters.
- Core Skills: Core skills have no cooldown, but they cost some essence for sure. These are Blight, Sever, Blood Surge, Blood Lance, and Bone Spear.
- Macabre Skills: These are defensive abilities, but also have some powerful offensive options. Corpse Explosion, Blood Mist, and Bone Prison are the Macabre skills of the Necromancer.
- Corruption Skills: Such skills inflict a curse on the enemies, which will decrease their overall defensive capabilities. These abilities are Iron Maiden and Decrepify.
- Summoning Skills: These are the summoning abilities of the Necromancer. It can use Corpse Tendrils and Bone Spirit to summon horrors while boosting its own attack power.
- Ultimate Skills: These are the ultimate abilities of a Necromancer which have huge damage output but a long cooldown. Use them against bosses or enemies with a big health bar. These skills are Army of the Dead, Blood Wave, and Bone Strom.
Diablo 4 beta Necromancer Class: Final thoughts
The Necromancer class is arguably the most powerful class in all of Diablo 4. With its extremely high damage output, and flashy AoE skills and spells, it is something you should try. The Open Beta weekend is almost here, and if you are wondering what class to pick first, go for the Necromancer. You just can’t go wrong with it in the beta.
RELATED NEWS: How to play as Druid in Diablo 4 Beta? How to unlock, abilities, and more explained
Make sure you share, subscribe to our push notifications, and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest Diablo 4 guides or other updates. Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!