The Elite Raid has arrived once again in Pokemon GO, and during the Rising Heroes season, fans have a shot at adding Regidrago and Regieleki to their roster. The two Legendary critters might not appear anytime soon after the event, so get geared up for it. The Elite Raid’s glowing red egg shows up for 24 hours, and you will have just 30 minutes to beat the Elite Boss after it hatches.
The first monster to appear as the Elite Raid Boss will be Regidrago on March 11, whereas Regieleki will make its Pokemon GO debut on April 11. As rewarding as it sounds, grabbing hold of them will not be a walk in the park, but you will have a fair shot against these powerhouses with the right tactics. Making a strategy comes with proper meta-knowledge, and we are here to help you. This guide has everything you need to know about defeating the upcoming Elite Raid Boss, Regidrago.
Pokemon GO guide: Everything you should know before going for Regidrago Elite Raid
Regidrago is a legendary Dragon-type fighter, weak to Fairy, Dragon, and Ice-type attacks. However, it easily resists Fire, Water, Electric, and Grass-type moves. You can use Mega Evolutions to support a raid team consisting of Dragon-types, which is a further advantage for any attackers.
One option is to play it safe with Ice and Fairy-type Pokemon, but tackling this Elite Raid with Dragon-type can be rewarding. It’s a high-risk, high-reward situation since Dragons are weak against other Dragon-type moves.
High-leveled trainers are advised to create a raid party of at least three trainers with the most powerful monsters in their roster. Use your Mega fighters individually to maximize the time and benefit from the damage boost they can provide.
Now that we know Regidrago’s strengths and weaknesses, let’s look at the best counters for this Elite Raid Boss. Here are our top picks:
- Rayquaza – As a dual Dragon/Flying-type Pokemon, it can be a tough opponent for Regidrago. Its dragon-type attacks will deal super-effective damage, while its flying-type moves will be useful in tight situations.
- Galarian Darmanitan – This monster’s Ice-type attacks and high attacking stats make it a formidable counter against the Raid Boss.
- Dialga – This dual Steel/Dragon-type Pokemon’s Steel-type attacks offer super-effective damage, while its Dragon-type aligns with the weakness of the Elite Raid Boss.
And here are some other fighters that pose as tough opponents for Regidrago:
- Palkia – Dragon Tail and Draco Meteor
- Kyurem – Dragon Breath and Glaciate
- Mega Salamence – Dragon Tail and Draco Meteor
- Mega Latios – Dragon Breath and Dragon Claw
- Mega Gyarados – Dragon Tail and Outrage
- Dragonite – Dragon Tail and Draco Meteor
- Mega Charizard X – Dragon Breath and Dragon Claw
- Zekrom – Dragon Breath and Outrage
- Reshiram – Dragon Breath and Draco Meteor
- Mega Gardevoir – Charm and Dazzling Gleam
- Primal Groudon – Dragon Tail and Precipice Blades
- Salamence – Dragon Tail and Draco Meteor
- Mega Latias – Dragon Breath and Outrage
To increase your chances of defeating Regidrago in Pokemon GO, it is recommended that you focus on using fighters with Fairy, Dragon, or Ice-type attacks, as these will be the most effective against it. Ensure that the counters you use have STAB potential as it deals boosted damage to the Raid Boss.