Valorant has revealed a lot of exciting news coming to players this 2023 in their most recent Dev Diaries video. Aside from talking about the recently launched Episode 6 of Riot’s popular 5v5 shooter, the devs also shared that a new mode will be added to the game soon. In the new Dev Diaries video, Riot has revealed that a Team Deathmatch mode is coming to Valorant soon. Here’s what we know so far. Stay with us!
Team Deathmatch will soon be added to Valorant
Right now, Valorant is undeniably one of the most popular 5v5 shooter games, so it’s no surprise that Riot comes up new gimmicks to keep their players hooked. The recently uploaded Dev Diaries outlined everything major coming new to Valorant this 2023. It’s only right that they are starting to tease more content as Riot ushers in a new year filled with all kinds of opportunities.
NEW GAMEMODE: HURM | #VALORANT— Mike | Valorant Leaks & News (@ValorLeaks) August 19, 2022
> Ability-enabled team deathmatch game mode. Which players will race to be the first team to 100 kills.
- According to the Dev Diaries video, one of the new features coming to Valorant is a Team Deathmatch mode. Although there is already the Deathmatch mode, all it does is pit 10 players against each other in a free-for-all match. The first to get to 40 kills automatically wins the game.
- The normal Deathmatch mode is great for players looking to warm up before queueing in Unrated or Competitive. However, one of the problems with the Deathmatch mode is that you can get killed off as soon as you spawn. When this happens, it makes the match less enjoyable for players.
- With the introduction of a Team Deathmatch mode in Valorant, this might make it easier for players to adjust. By having a team base, it would resolve the problem of getting killed by other players as soon as you spawn.
- Another improvement the Team Deathmatch mode brings to Valorant players is you can use Agent abilities. In the regular Deathmatch mode, players can only purchase guns but not abilities. It’s unclear whether you can choose which Agent to use. But sources have confirmed that the only way to win in Team Deathmatch is by being the first team to 100 kills.
When is the new mode releasing?
It’s unclear on when Riot will release it in the coming months. In the Dev Diaries, they have also revealed that Swiftplay will become a permanent mode in Valorant. Another mode that Riot is also preparing to release is the Premier Mode. For those out of the loop, Premier Mode in Valorant is essentially like Competitive, but in a tournament style.
Official Premier Announcement (Tournaments) | #VALORANT— Mike | Valorant Leaks & News (@ValorLeaks) October 26, 2022
> Testing in Brazil First
> Team Creation (Logo, Tag, Roster)
> Seasons will last a few weeks, and will have an Ending Tournament,
> Map Pick and Ban System
> Still 60% done, A lot is missing. pic.twitter.com/GAdImYkwhS
- This is not a new mode for shooter games like Valorant. However, a lot of players are looking forward to it because it gives a brand-new experience to the competitive scene in Valorant. So for players wanting to know what it’s like to play in the VCTs, keep your eyes peeled for Premier Tournament mode in Valorant!
- As for Team Deathmatch, we’ll be sure to keep you posted once there is more information available on this. For now, all we can do is wait until Riot comes out with more information about this new mode. Nonetheless, we’re excited for Team Deathmatch. Hopefully, this mode will be less chaotic than the current free-for-all Deathmatch mode we have now!
RELATED NEWS: Valorant: Lotus – What we know so far + Availability in Competitive mode
What do you think about this new mode coming to Valorant soon? Feel free to discuss with us in the comments below! Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!