Riot Games has been building up the excitement for a new map coming soon to their hit 5v5 shooter game. Previously, fans weren’t 100% sure if Riot will be launching a new location after Pearl. However, the teasers and leaks have revealed that there will be a new location added to the current map pool in Valorant. Plenty of Valorant players believe that the upcoming map is located in Korea, so let’s take a closer look at the teasers to determine whether this is true or not. Stay with us!
Fans believe the upcoming Valorant map is located in Korea
To start the new year right, Valorant posted a series of short clips on their official Twitter account. All teasers they’ve posted feature the agents in different settings, seemingly doing their own thing in different locations.
A teaser featuring a K-pop artist
- The first teaser was what had fans speculate that the new Valorant map is set in Korea. It features Fade standing in the rain in front of a strange location. However, the setting wasn’t what prompted the theories about a Korea-based map in Valorant. If you listen closely, you can hear a song playing near the end of the clip.
.JAN // .05 // .2023 pic.twitter.com/kMFLNXLUxw— VALORANT (@PlayVALORANT) January 1, 2023
- A lot of players were able to recognize it as a song from Jae Park or eaJ, a K-pop artist who also plays Valorant in his spare time. After a few days, Riot themselves acknowledged fans quickly figuring out who the artist was in this clip.
Agents eat at a Korean food stall
- Another teaser they posted featured three iconic Valorant agents: Jett, Killjoy, and Raze. Aside from third wheeling, it seems as though Jett has invited her fellow agents to eat at a food stall on the side of the road. For K-drama fans out there, plenty of shows feature food stalls like this.
.JAN // .05 // .2023 pic.twitter.com/96tmdFwp54— VALORANT (@PlayVALORANT) January 3, 2023
- The same song from eaJ plays in the background while the trio converses. From their dialogue, it sounds like Raze is having Killjoy try out a spicy dish. Given how Koreans love spicy food to combat the cold weather in their country, it’s another detail to pay attention to.
The latest map in Valorant “Lotus” is set in India
Riot definitely pulled a fast one on their fans. After they released a series of teasers that hinted at the new map being located somewhere in East Asia (Japan, South Korea, etc.), it turns out the map is actually set in India. Before the reveal, it was called the “City of Flowers” and it definitely looks like it from what we’ve seen so far.
- Riot Games has officially released the cinematic trailer for Episode 6. It will be called REVELATION and the trailer is jam-packed with action from the agents as they seem to be taking on different kinds of missions.
- The map is revealed when we go back to Astra and Harbor making their way through a jungle. They eventually find Lotus, the newest map being added to Valorant once Episode 6 goes live on January 10, 2023.
Appears that the newest map will have 3 sites pic.twitter.com/PoKMnGYFsS— ValorIntel (@ValorINTEL) January 5, 2023
- According to ValorIntel, Lotus will have three sites. This is the perfect way to start the new year in Valorant, especially for players looking for something new to up their game in the competitive 5v5 shooter.
Are you excited to explore the newest map in Valorant? Which agents do you think will be fitting for Lotus? Let us know in the comments below! Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!