From our sources, we know that Target stores have received more stock for both the PlayStation 5 (PS5) and Xbox Series X consoles. Although Target corporate hasn’t revealed any dates for the upcoming drops, here’s everything you need to know.
BIG UPDATE (February 17, 5:23 AM EST): Target dropped.
In case you’re unaware, we’ve been successfully reporting about the Target drops since December. We’ve reported about the Target Drop on January 20, December 29, and December 21. Our Discord community also predicted and reported the Target Drop on February 2.
According to a source who holds a senior position at Target, stores have started receiving stock. During the January 20 drop, stores started receiving stock around January 19 and Target dropped immediately the next morning.
UPDATE: Target didn’t drop on 14 February and 15 February. Now, on the lookout for 16 February, 3 AM – 7 AM EST.
Just heard from another source that stores in their area have received #PS5 stock today (past midnight).
Possible drop tomorrow? https://t.co/YhiP38X3nh
— PS5 Restock & Drops – Spiel Times (@spieltimes) February 15, 2021
This could mean, we will possibly see a Target drop anywhere between tonight, i.e., 14 February (i.e. 3 AM to 8 AM EST) and tomorrow. If not, we can look out for two more days. Usually, Target is known not to hold stock. This means, as soon as they receive inventory, they release the consoles for sale.
As I wrote in a previous article, “stores are getting very little stock and hence, we can’t expect much from Target at this point. From talking to multiple PS5 trackers, I can say that the drops to follow would be comparatively weaker than what we’ve seen in the past. So, it’s better not to have high expectations while still looking out for an opportunity.”
Our friend, Jake, has hard from his sources as well and he “can 100% confirm” that Target will be having a drop this week.
I can 100% confirm from my sources that Target will be having a drop this week, most likely between 5am and 8am EST tomorrow or Tuesday. My video guide on how to buy a #ps5 or #xbox from Target will be up by tonight so you can be prepared to SECURE THE BAG. pic.twitter.com/ocsFqdejbX
— Jake Randall (@Jake_Randall_YT) February 14, 2021
How To Buy The PS5 from Target
Target sells the PS5 online-only. You’ll have to purchase the console online and visit the store for a pick-up or a drive-up. There are no walk-ins whatsoever.
The usual time when Target drops is between 3 AM – 7 AM ET. Be extra ready during 5 AM – 7 AM ET as Target has dropped the PS5 multiple times during these two hours.
Target Purchase Links
PlayStation 5 Disc Edition – Click Here
PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – Click Here
What are the fastest ways to checkout on Target?
The fastest ways are –
- Stay logged in on both the Target website on your computer and on the Target app on your phone.
- Based on our observations, most people who’ve secured the PS5 from Target have had success through the Target app on their phones. So, using the app is a must.
- If you have a Target RedCard, your checkout gets even faster.
- Keep refreshing the Target website and app every 5 minutes. If you don’t want to do so and just wanted to be notified when they drop, follow us on Twitter as we’ll tweet out immediately when there’s a drop.
- Make sure you inform your bank/credit card company that you’ll be making a big purchase. Some people have faced order cancelations due to fraud/suspicious activities.
- Join our Discord server. We have separate channels for geolocations. This will help you get notified when a Target store in your particular area/region has PS5 units in stock.
- If stores based on your zip code have no stock, try nearby zip codes based on your convenience of traveling to go and pick-up the unit.
If we have any more updates regarding Target, we’ll update this article and post a tweet.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games. Until next time, Stay Safe, Wear a Mask, and Happy Gaming!