US-based indie development studio, Scarecrow, is getting ready to launch its first game coming year. 3 Minutes To Madness is a game about comedy, an adventurous journey, disastrous boss-fights and moonlit rollercoaster rides.
You play as a plucky teenager, Betty Anderson, who wakes up with a jolt in the middle of a calm Mexican desert. A huge explosion wiped all your memory but you know what to worry about. You are the saviour of your town, fighting the corrupt mayor, exposing a secret military base, rumbling the mafia, and a potbelly pig with a vendetta. The human race is in danger, the doomsday is approaching, and you’re the supreme saviour.
3 Minutes To Madness is a point-and-click adventure game and that’s all we know for now. No other story or gameplay elements have been revealed yet.
- Classic adventure gameplay. Inspired by LucasArts adventures like The Secret of Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, and Sam & Max Hit the Road, 3 Minutes to Midnight combines the point & click gameplay and absurdist humour of the “good old days” with high-def cartoon art, an intuitive interface, and a compelling mystery.
- Two playable characters. Play as both Betty Anderson and Mayor Eliza Barret to unravel a plot much deeper and darker than it seems at first glance.
- A small town of strangers and secrets. Each of 3 Minutes to Midnight’s 40+ characters has a detailed backstory with unexpected ties to each other and the world we live in. Scratch the surface to get just the info you need, or delve deeper to discover who these people truly are.
- Puzzles up the wazoo. Yeah, puzzles – remember those? Kick off your walking shoes and put on your thinking cap, because 3 Minutes to Midnight will keep your brain ticking all night long.
- A whole lot of localization. 3 Minutes to Midnight will be voiced in English, with subtitles planned in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Portuguese, Czech, Polish, Korean, Japanese, and Catalan. (Whew!)
You’ll be able to experience the first-ever public demo of 3 Minutes To Madness first-hand at EGX this year, which runs from September 20-23. Just stop by the Rezzed Zone booth and start clicking your way through. The game is under development for PC (Win/Lin/Mac), PS4, Xbox One, Switch and Mobiles.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update on 3 Minutes To Madness. Until next time, Happy Gaming!