Another year, another list of games to watch out for. If you played the game Alan Wake during its release in 2010, have you been waiting for this? Fortunately, you won’t have to wait for years anymore as the next chapter of the game. The Alan Wake sequel comes this 2023, after long years of waiting for an announcement, here it is! Before the game gets released, here’s everything you need to remember and what we know so far about Alan Wake 2, the game details, the trailer dropped, the release date, and more!
Alan Wake 2
The long-awaited sequel remains with its original developers, Remedy Entertainment. As of October 2022, Remedy Entertainment slates the release date of Alan Wake 2 this 2023. However, no official and specific date of release yet, let’s hope for the developers’ next announcement on that.
- The announcement of the sequel of the 2010-game dropped way back on December 2021. The reveal teaser of Alan Wake 2 was showcased at The Game Awards 2021. For the first time in Remedy’s games, the developers dive into the survival horror game genre. Well, we have to wake up Alan for this new adventure.
In the short reveal trailer provided in 2021’s The Game Awards, we had the first peek at Alan. The trailer showcase different locations where Alan stands in the middle, sharing a story or… a warning. There has been no actual gameplay yet, but let’s hope we can see one soon.
- The survival horror genre partnered with psychological horror may bring a thrilling, chilling, and best experience for its players. Be careful though, because as Alan Wake said, “The story will eat you alive. The story is a monster.“
Remedy Entertainment still partners with Epic Games for the publishing of the sequel. So pretty sure you can catch the game on PC via Epic Games Store when it arrives.
- You can catch the game on the next generation consoles as well: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X and S. As for PlayStation4 and Xbox One, we think the upcoming games may start skipping the older version consoles including Alan Wake 2.
The possible plot
The reveal trailer may have given a glimpse on how the sequel would turn out. We can still expect the psychological struggle of the main character of the game, Alan. And when you rewind the clip, you may say that Alan considers his self as a “monster” too.
- “And monsters wear many face,” and that gave us chills. Now we assume that you have to be careful and avoid those dark places where you can find the lurking monsters. We don’t think there’s a full continuity of the first game to its sequel. Well, we can’t wait to see what the second installment brings!
Alan Wake Remastered
While we wait for more announcement about the sequel, then might as well check out the remastered game. Alan Wake Remastered can be played on multiple platforms, next-generation or older generation consoles.
- Enjoy the enhanced visuals of the game on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and S, PC, and of course, Nintendo Switch.
Here’s what we know so far about the upcoming Remedy Entertainment game. Hop on to the dark world of Alan in the Alan Wake sequel, are you sure you’ll survive?
Make sure you share, subscribe to our push notifications, and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!