Hey, players! We got some Dead Island 2 information for you. We are curious about the playable characters available in the game, and fortunately, we gathered a few. In case you missed it, the Dead Island 2 was revealed once again on Gamescom that happened in August. Firstly revealed in 2014, the game will arrive in the gaming market in early 2023. Back to what we are talking about earlier, prepare yourselves as we list all Dead Island 2 playable characters that we know so far. Also, if you need more information about the game, you may want to stick with us here! Please remember that the reveal trailer consists of a lot of blood, and intense violence, so do watch if you only can.
Playable characters in Dead Island 2
If you’ve been following the game for quite some time, you may know about the Amazon leak thing. Well, for starters, Amazon put up a pre-order listing of Dead Island 2 for PlayStation 4 and 5, and Xbox Series. However, they may have slipped out something on the description that kind of surprised its fans.
- It says: There are 6 characters to choose from, each with their own unique personality and dialogues – You can fully customize the abilities of each Slayer, with our brand-new skill system allowing you to re-spec instantly and try out the craziest builds. Also, peek at the visual setting of Dead Island 2 below!
- So, we’re pretty sure we can expect six characters in the upcoming game. Oh, by the way, we may have found a piece of information about one of the characters. Although about the others, there is no clear vision yet, hints, and rumors are here and there. We’ll discuss them with you!
- If you’ve watched the official trailer above, you probably know Jacob. Yep, that’s the name of the protagonist there! Jacob is the first introduced character in the game and he’s so cool slaying all those zombies. The developers opt for a new Black character lead, so can we expect more diverse characters again for this newest installment? We hope so!
Two characters in the trailer
- Jacob’s the only character who has a name and has been officially welcomed to the playable characters. But, if you noticed at the trailer as well, he waved to two other people at the 2:30 mark. They were also busy slaying a zombie, but the other waved back. And if we’re not mistaken, those are two girls, right? We can’t get the perfect angle shot, but also do note that there’s fake blood below. You can take a peek at the possible characters!
- Although we are not yet sure if they are playable characters, we do hope they can be played! Also, who wouldn’t want female character leads, right? We remember Xian Mei and Purna Jackson of the first Dead Island! They hold the Assassin and Support roles, respectively, among the characters before.
- In this part, none of this is confirmed, just pure speculations and rumors we have gathered online. The first stop is this girl character with a prosthetic leg. This girl looks so cool in this photo sipping her drink while zombies are just there. Well, we may have seen her in a Tweet from Dambuster Studios when they are recruiting, is that actually a hint for a new addition to the lineup? However, if this is another playable character in the game, we have to watch out for that!
- Also, there is another here that may excite the players of the first franchise. Should we welcome the return of Sam B now? Because at the gameplay trailer, you may have seen him. We do think that his returning character would be a nice addition to the playable characters! Along with the fans, we hope we can see the characters’ list soon.
- And lastly, you can take a peek at the Dead Island Wiki Fandom, you can see that they have written the four characters that they found in the source code of the official website (during the Yager Development time, if we remember correctly). However, with all the delays and switching of developers, we are not sure if their characters would still arrive in the game. Nonetheless, meet (from left to right) Dani, John, Ashlee, and Ryan!
More about Dead Island 2
We’ll briefly discuss Dead Island 2 in case you are not fully familiar. So if you are in for zombie fighting games, first-person point of view, and combat type of games, this one’s for you! Warning: the gameplay trailer is for mature audiences only. Please be advised.
Again, please remember that this gameplay trailer consists of a lot of blood, and intense violence, so do watch if you only can.
- If you didn’t or can’t watch the released trailers, Dead Island 2 is a role-playing, survival horror game developed by Dambuster Studios and to be published by Deep Silver. The game is not for the faint of heart, as zombies do come from left and right. The graphics are a little too good which makes the visual more realistic.
- And yes, expect the game to arrive on February 3, 2023. This makes an 11-year difference from its first Dead Island which was released way back in 2011. Pre-order links are now available, so if you are interested, you can pre-purchase the game now!
- You can play the game on different platforms. Of course, you should ready your PCs, but that’s not the only platform. Get to play Dead Island 2 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. Additionally, you can buy it on PlayStation, Xbox, and Epic Games Store!
- On its official website, it introduces the game as: This thrilling first-person, action RPG takes players across a brand-new playground – a hellish vision of LA (or HELL-A, as we like to call it). Dead Island 2 is stylish, vibrant, and flooded with zombie infection. Explore iconic, gore-drenched Los Angeles. Meet larger-than-life characters. Slay countless foes in exquisitely bloody detail. And evolve to become the ultimate Zombie Slayer!
That’s it for now, players!