AMD has introduced the new RX 6950 XT, 6750 XT, and 6650 XT, to its lineup of Radeon GPUs. AMD says that the new graphics cards feature faster clock speeds. Along with that, these cards also get faster GDDR6 memory chips and enhanced software and firmware.
One can expect them to perform a little faster than the RX 6900 XT, 6700 XT, and 6600 XT. This is because the core configurations of these cards have not been changed. As for the pricing, the 6950 XT, it comes at an MSRP of $1,099. Meanwhile, the RX 6750 XT comes at an MSRP of $549. Last but not least, the RX 6650XT is priced at $399.
READ MORE Elden Ring Has Now Sold 13.4 Million Units Worldwide
Speaking on the launch, Scott Herkelman. Senior Vice President and General Manager, Graphics Business Unit at AMD, said,
“There are three billion gamers worldwide and counting, and about the half play on PCs. As gamers grow in numbers, these new Radeon graphics cards will provide next-level gaming experiences and performance.
And the incredible efficiencies of AMD RDNA 2 architecture deliver substantially better performance-per-dollar with the new Radeon graphics cards compared to the competition.”
AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT, 6750 XT, and 6650 XT
Since these latest cards are from the RX 6000 series, they feature the same RDNA 2 graphics architecture. We’ve also seen the same graphics architecture on devices like the PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and even the Steam Deck. AMD has also said that all three of the new GPUs are available starting today from AMD directly. Along with AMD, board partners including ASRock, ASUS, Gigabyte, and more will also be selling these cards.
As for the GPUs themselves, starting off with the most powerful Radeon RX 6950 XT.
AMD says that it is a slightly faster version of the existing Radeon RX 6900 XT. According to them, it has the same number of computing units and the same 16GB of GDDR6 memory, but it’s clocked slightly faster.
The new card also has slightly higher memory speeds at 18Gbps in comparison to 16Gbps on the 6900XT. As a result, the 6950XT comes at an increased TBP of 335W, instead of the 300W on the 6900XT.
- The RX 6750 XT comes with 12GB of GDDR6 memory at 18Gbps. The 6700XT came with 2424MHz for the game clocks and 2581MHz to 2600MHz for the boost clocks.
- In comparison, the clocks have gone from 2424MHz to 2495MHz for the game clocks and 2581MHz to 2600MHz for the boost clocks.
- There’s also the RX 6650 XT that comes with 32 CUs, 8GB of GDDR6 memory at 18Gbps, and a boost clock of 2,635MHz. The game clock is set to 2410MHz.
- In comparison, the clocks have gone from 2359MHz to 2410MHz for the game clocks and 2589MHz to 2635MHz for the boost clocks.
- The memory speed has also gone from 16Gbps to 17.5Gbps, which has caused the memory bandwidth to go from 256GB/s to 280GB/s.
Well with that said, what do you think about these new Radeon GPUs released by AMD? Do let us know your thoughts by dropping a comment down below.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!