Assassin’s Creed Empire to take us to Ancient Egypt.
There has been quite a trail of rumors about Ubisoft’s popular franchise Assassin’s Creed, which is also seeing a movie being released at the close of this year. There is much speculation about the authenticity of these rumors, but judging from the quality of sources and the trend of game leaks, these rumors are likely true. Yes, we’re talking about the never-ending rumor story of Assassin’s Creed Empire.
Nothing, however, has been confirmed by Ubisoft, obviously.
Sources placed in the game’s development have used multiple channels like image releases on 4chan to make claims about the next instalment of the franchise (though the screenshots have now been removed from the 4chan boards).
Now, we all know the rumor leak updates. Most people just give a bunch of their opinions or extend the rumors needlessly making them even more confusing. I’ll cut the crap and just provide the details we have relating to the rumored claims.
If these rumors are to be believed, here’s what you can expect from the next Assassin’s Creed game:
- We might be going Egypt this time. Egypt is pretty much one of the most important regions of the world where the assassins’ order can be historically tracked to.
- This time, we might be getting a trilogy. Ubisoft’s pretty desperate to replicate the popular effect Ezio had. He was a brilliant protagonist. Our new Egyptian protagonist might be featured in a set of three games. Perhaps one of these games will be set in Greece as well, as that was the earlier location for Ubisoft to make a game around.
- The game will be fresh and no previous game ancestors or family lines will be connected or resembled in-game from the characters.
- Boat travel, climbing, game mechanics, world physics, lighting, and interface are all bound to change. New systems will be utilized for mechanics and interactions while new ways of playing will be set up for game features. No more boat combat, probably.
- One of the biggest revelatory claim: the map can be as big as three times the size of Black Flag’s map – which was bewildering in itself and you know it.
- The protagonist is quiet, composed, but an effective fighter. He was once a slave. He will have an eagle companion to explore nearby areas under certain specific conditions.
- The game might be called Assassin’s Creed Empire.
So guys, that’s it for the latest Assassin’s Creed rumors. If I happen to come across other claims or reports that deserve a mention, I will make sure I post the details. Assassin’s Creed is a game we just can’t miss out on!