Ubisoft has revealed a roadmap for what’s next for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla after its launch later next month. Alongside a plethora of free content that will make its way into the game as part of the post-launch content, two new hefty story expansions have also been announced. Here’s everything that’s coming to the game post-launch.
Expansion 1: Wrath of the Druids ( Spring 2021)
According to Ubisoft’s official website,” “In this new adventure, players will journey to Ireland and unravel the mysteries of an ancient and mysterious druidic cult, tracking and discovering their members. Players will also get to explore Gaelic Myths and traverse hauntingly beautiful Irish landscapes and forests.
Expansion 2: The Siege Of Paris ( Summer 2021)
According to the story description, “During this key moment in history, players will infiltrate the fortified city of Paris and the River Seine under a prolonged siege, uncover enemy secrets, and form strategic alliances to safeguard their clan’s future.”
Bonus Quest: The Legend of Beowulf
Straight out of The Witcher 3’s playbook, The Legend Of Beowulf quest will allow players to hunt for a mysterious creature that haunts the English countryside while leaving telltale streaks of mold on its victims.
Like in Assassin’s Creed Origins and Odyssey, Valhalla players will also be getting a free Discovery mode to traverse and study the culture and the different architectures of the game’s setting. Discovery tour will be free for all players although no release date has been provided yet.
Free Seasonal Content
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players will also be getting a ton of free content in the form of seasonal DLC that will be spread across three months.
Here is what’s coming in Season 1 of the free seasonal DLC that’s out in December:
- A new settlement area, allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their settlement.
- A traditional Viking Festival: the Yule Festival, for players to experience in their settlement.
- A new game mode: the River Raids. Building on Valhalla’s core raiding mechanic the mode will deliver a dynamic, challenging and highly replayable raid experience.
- The addition of the Ranks for Jomsviking: in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players can not only create their lieutenant to be part of their raiding crew but also recruit some from their friends and the community. In Season 1, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature which will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up – the higher will be the rank of the lieutenant, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.
- Finally, as for each season, Season 1 will also come with new player skills and abilities, weapons and gear, and cosmetic items for the settlement, longship, horse and raven.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla releases November 10 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Google Stadia, and later on PS5.