Hey, Trainers! Did you catch a lot of Pokemons at the last Pokemon GO Fest: Sapporo? Well, we’re here to bring you more possible Pokemons to catch on this August Raids. Ready to catch these powerful and rare Pokemons during Raid hours! Before Pokemon GO starts the Bug Out! event tomorrow, we’ll walk you through the schedule of the Raids for this month.
Also, if you are curious and interested in the event that starts tomorrow, better ready your Pokemons and Poké Balls as we’ll give you information for the upcoming Bug Out! Pokemon GO event.
Pokemon GO Raids for August 2022
These Boss Raids happen every Wednesday in this month of August between 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM local time. The Pokemon GO Raids give Trainers the time to catch rare Pokemons during the whole hour and a Legendary Pokemon is featured on every raid day. The Raid hour is Pokemon GO‘s way to involve players all around the globe with their community-based events and activities during this Season of GO, the GO Fests, and such.
- August 3rd – Palkia: Last August 3, we hope you encountered the legendary Pokemon, Palkia which hails from the Sinnoh region. Palkia is a Water- and Dragon-type Pokemon.
- Legendary Palkia and its Shiny version (if you’re lucky!) appear in Pokemon GO Gymnasiums during the 5-Star Boss Raid.
- It can take Fire, Water, and Steel attacks. However, you may want to take note that Palkia weakens to Fairy and Dragon attacks like Alola, Dialga, Exeggutor, and Garchomp, or choose any of your Pokemons who strongly blow any Dragon or Fairy attacks.
- August 10th & August 17th– Genesect: We hope you can face Genesect tomorrow and the 17th, as it is the featured Pokemon for the second Raid hour. Genesect comes from the Unova region and is a Bug- and Steel-type Pokemon.
- Also, you can catch this Mythical creature at Pokemon GO Gyms. Equip your Pokemon with a strong Fire attack such as Blaziken, Charizard, or Flareon upon challenging Genesect to give more damage to the opponent.
- Accordingly, it can hold Grass, Poison, Bug, Dragon, Fairy, Ice, Normal, Psychic, and Steel attacks.
- August 24th – Zacian: Consecutively, you can encounter the Galar region’s Zacian on the fourth Wednesday of August. See him at the Pokemon GO Gyms and pull your Pokemons with strong Poison and Steel attacks like Dialga, Excadrill, or Metagross.
- Zacian is Fairy-type but can withhold attacks of Dragon, Bug, Dark, Fairy, Fire, Flying, Grass, Ice, Normal, Psychic, and Rock.
- August 31st – Zamazenta: Lastly, following another from the Galar region, the legendary Zamazenta comes to the last Wednesday of the Pokemon GO Raid for the month.
- The Fighting-type Zamazenta can resist Rock, Bug, and Dark attacks.
- Moreover, you may want to use Pokemons with powerful Flying, Psychic, or Fairy attacks as Zamazenta weakens to those moves.
One- and Three-Star Raids
Besides the featured legendary Pokemons, there are numerous creatures to catch in one- and three-star raids on Pokemon GO. Do help yourself as we list down the possible encounters you can stumble upon on this month’s raids:
August 2022 Mega Raids
Without a doubt, Mega Raids are also available for this month’s raid battles. In this Raid, Trainers are able to face Mega forms of known Pokemons. You may be familiar with the original form of the Pokemon, however, you must take note that these are Mega Pokemons, so pick out what can be most effective to defeat the following:
- July 31st to August 10th – Mega Abomasnow: This Mega Abomasnow is a Grass- and Ice-type Pokemon that you should look out for in the following days. However, this Mega variant weakens to Fire, Fighting, Flying, Poison, Rock, Bug, and Steel attacks, so be sure to bring out strong Fire attacks (most possibly!) like Entei, Moltres, or Reshiram.
- August 10th to August 18th – unfortunately, is still unannounced.
- August 18th to August 25th – Mega Slowbro: On to the next Pokemon, Mega Slowbro is a Water- and Psychic-type. This creature weakens to Bug, Ghost, Grass, Electric, and Dark attacks. However, you can counter this Mega using Pheromosa, Thundurus, or Xurkitree as these attacks throw powerful damage to Mega Slowbro.
- August 25th to August 31st – Mega Ampharos: The last boss for the Mega Raid battle this month, Mega Ampharos is an Electric- Dragon-type Pokemon. You should know that this Mega Pokemon deals a lot of damage when thrown with Ground, Ice, Dragon, and Fairy attacks. Moreover, you can use Garchomp, Mamoswine, or Rhyperior when you encounter Mega Ampharos.
August’s Pokemon GO event — Bug Out!
Since you are here, we’ll briefly discuss Pokemon GO’s upcoming Bug Out! event that starts tomorrow, August 10, 2022, from 10:00 a.m. to August 16, 2022, at 8:00 p.m. local time. During the event, you can encounter and have a chance to catch the Mega Scizor! Also, encounter the newest addition to the Pokemon GO creatures, the evolution family of Grubbin, Charjabug, and Vikavolt. A Collection Challenge is also available at the Bug Out! event so watch that out too, Trainers!
- Significantly, events do not start and end without Event Bonuses. Double XP is given for every successful Nice, Great, and Excellent Throw done over the duration of the event.
- Furthermore, you can accomplish Field Research tasks to have a chance to catch the following Pokemons daily until the end of the event: Wurmple (10th), Caterpie (11th), Spinarak (12th), Venipede (13th), Kricketot (14th), Weedle (15th), and Ledyba (16th). To know all information about this nearing event, you can proceed to the article below!
Enjoy the Raids and Bug Out! event, Trainers!