PUBG Corporation’s PUBG: Battlegrounds is an online multiplayer battle royale game. It was officially released in September 2018. The game also received several Games of the Year nominations, among other accolades. This is the most popular game among gamers in India. Almost everyone has heard the name PUBG. But the game has banned over 142,000 players in less than a week for cheating.
Why were they banned?
- The ban has been initiated as a part of its ongoing drive to limit illegal programs resulting in the hacking of the game.
- Krafton, the game’s publisher, has shared on the game’s official website that they have permanently banned the accounts of 142,766 between December 6 and December 12 this year.
- The developer has also published the list with the names of banned accounts. These accounts have been permanently banned. They will also be unable to get back in-game after a short period.
BGMI also ordered the deactivation of approximately 157,000 accounts in November. If Krafton recognizes any unlawful conduct, such as obtaining the game via unofficial sources or installing an illegal auxiliary program, it will notify gamers. However, before executing a suspension, the business permits gamers to undertake repairs to erase any harmful data.
Moreover, Battlegrounds Mobile India announced the discontinuation of data transfers from PUBG Mobile to Battlegrounds Mobile India.
- Krafton stated regarding the data transfer policy for players who had played Livik map in PUBG Mobile. The last date for the Players to import their PUBG Mobile data is 31st December 2021.
- Ever since its launch, BGMI allowed users to transfer their data from PUBG Mobile via Facebook and Twitter, given that players used the same social media accounts for PUBG Mobile. Battlegrounds Mobile India earlier disabled logins with Facebook accounts from November 5.
If you have any questions regarding PUBG, feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you also subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games. Follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!