After sweeping the Brooklyn Nets in the first round, the Boston Celtics will square off against the Milwaukee Bucks in the semifinals. Two of the best teams in the East will battle it out to reach the Eastern Conference finals en route to an NBA Championship.
With that being said, who will come out on top? Both teams excel on the offensive and defensive end of the floor. Both of these teams have already proven they are worthy of a championship, with one (Milwaukee Bucks) being the reigning champs and the other (Boston Celtics) who made deep playoff runs in the past.
- Boston Celtics V.S. Milwaukee Bucks (Game 1) – May 1, 2022, @ TD Garden
- Boston Celtics V.S. Milwaukee Bucks(Game 2) – May 3, 2022, @ TD Garden
- Milwaukee Bucks V.S. Boston Celtics (Game 3) – May 7, 2022, @ Fiserv Forum
- Milwaukee Bucks V.S. Boston Celtics (Game 4) – May 9, 2022, @ Fiserv Forum
- Boston Celtics V.S. Milwaukee Bucks(Game 5) – May 10, 2022, @ TD Garden
- Milwaukee Bucks V.S. Boston Celtics (Game 6) – May 12, 2022, @ Fiserv Forum
- Boston Celtics V.S. Milwaukee Bucks(Game 7) – May 14, 2022, @ TD Garden
- Khris Middleton, Bucks’ second-leading scorer, is already ruled out of the whole semifinal series against the Celtics. In addition to that, he needs more time to recover from an MCL sprain.
- The veteran point guard George Hill is also unlikely to play due to an abdominal strain.
- In the middle of Game 1, the KIA NBA Defensive Player of the Year, Marcus Smart, hurriedly left the court due to an apparent shoulder injury. Fortunately, he will be expected to return in Game 2.
Odds and Predictions
Due to the absence of Middleton, the Celtics gain more advantage which puts them in a better spot. Boston’s odds to advance to the Eastern Conference finals are now at -200, while the Bucks are at +150. Further, The C’s are expected to finish the series in six (6) games. To add, the Celtics have a -4.5 spread against the Bucks.
The Celtics are tough as nails defensively, but they are up against an offensive monster in the name of Giannis Antetokounmpo. Even though Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown make the highest-scoring duo in the playoffs, the Bucks can cope with their offensive firepower. Currently, the Bucks lead the series (1-0). Boston will host Milwaukee at TD Garden in their next matchup (Game 2).
Let us know who you are rooting for! Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!