Cyberpunk 2077 has been a pretty quiet game since its release in version 1.31. We know that the PS5 / Xbox Series versions, which will improve the PC version as well, will come; that a 1.5 upgrade might drastically alter the game. However, after many months of hibernation, the game’s information has been revised.
- If you haven’t been keeping up with the game, Cyberpunk 2077 had a lot of issues when it first came out. While the PC version was playable and attractive as long as we followed the designers’ “path”.
- Xbox One X and PS4 Pro versions had several technical issues. Meanwhile, the PS4 / Xbox One versions were impossible to play. The game has been taken down from the PlayStation Store for the time being; refunds have been issued to gamers across all platforms.
3 months later…
Fortunately, as soon as it was launched, CD Projekt Red went straight to work on a series of major fixes that vastly improved the game’s status.
It was a job well done, as the game resurfaced in the Steam best-sellers list at the end of 2021, winning a Steam Award and positive reviews. Meanwhile, CD Projekt has made significant changes to its internal structure in order to more effectively create and manage many projects.
- We already know that a Cyberpunk 2077 expansion is in the works, that numerous devs have been entrusted to it, that the new-gen version will be released alongside the 1.5 Patch, and that’s all there is to it, at least publicly.
- Matter of fact, an insider claims to have gathered a great deal of information on what fans can expect – a major revamp of many systems is planned alongside the new game.
- A mini-game will be incorporated, and Update 1.5 will be released next month alongside a “new version” of the game called Samurai Edition.
Although nothing has been verified, the new build or version of the game was submitted to Steam on January 14. However, no one can tell what changes have been made because it hasn’t been released yet. This, nonetheless, may be an indicator for Cyberpunk 2077, which hasn’t had a build update since October 28, 2021.
Is this a foreshadowing of the 1.5 Update? There is currently no certainty, but this gives reason to believe that information will be released soon. Also, keep in mind that the next-gen update should typically be available to all base game owners. Free content will also still be available prior to the expansion.
If you have any questions regarding Cyberpunk 2077, feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you also subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games. Follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!