Dogs have always been a companion to us humans. They can be reliable, fun, and a source of joy to everyone around them. However, there are instances where things happen when we least expect it from our pets. This goes to the tragic news of a woman in Northwest Iowa, U.S.A.
On August 15, Monday, a woman was reportedly killed by her 5 Great Dane dogs near her farm residence, according to KTIV-TV. Then as to the Clay County Sheriff’s Office, there’s a man who found the victim and reported the incident. The man also couldn’t go to her quickly since the big dogs are still close to her dead body.
The woman was Mindy Kiepe, the 43-year-old owner of the 5 Great Danes. In the initial report, it was a motorcycle incident but was later on debunked. Due to her autopsy by the Iowa State Medical Examiner in Ankeny. The authorities found the reason for her death was multiple dog bite injuries.
Moreover, all of the Great Dogs were euthanized by the authorities. The question now is why this happened between Kiepe and her dogs.
Were the Great Danes hungry which led them in attacking their owner?
- There are no official reports from the authorities on why the dogs did it to their owner. Since there is also no other news about the relationship between their relationship. Therefore, we cannot exactly determine if the dogs were hungry or not.
- The incident could most likely be the dogs attacking their owner. However, dogs don’t suddenly attack their owners without a reason so there could be one.
- Dr. Sean Wensely of Senior Veterinary Surgeon at the People’s Dispensary for Sick Animals (PDSA) stated some reasons. He said, “The motivation for lots of dog bites is fear.”
- He also explained that “If there’s competitive behaviour between them, that can lead to aggression between the dogs that can potentially be directed at an owner.” Aggression from dogs can happen when they feel threatened.
- As we don’t know the exact reason for the attack. These are just the factors on why dogs become aggressive that could lead to attacking their owners.
To know more about the behavior of dogs why they attack their owners and how to take care of them. You may read it here.
We at Spiel Times express our deepest condolences to the family and loved ones of Mindy Kiepe. May she rest in peace.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask or let us know your thoughts about what happened between the woman and her Great Danes in the comments below. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.