Actress Gabrielle Union reveals her financial management with husband and NBA legend Dwayne Wade stating they split all the bills 50/50. This confession of her struggles with financial security reposted through Black Millionaires on Twitter garnered much attention from netizens.
Union sat down with Noah Callahan-Bever on his Bloomberg Originals series, Idea Generation. When asked about the moment she felt financially secure, the Bad Boys ll star confessed she and Dwayne Wade split all the bills in their household. They also support their own families and from previous relationships and the responsibility adds pressure to her life.
Gabrielle Union confesses struggling with a scarcity mindset
Actress Gabrielle Union has a net worth of $40 – $45 million as per reports. She began her career in Hollywood as an extra in an episode of Family Matters in 1993. She attained her stardom and became a household name with her roles in Bring It On and Bad Boys II.
- However, her success didn’t come overnight and she admitted struggling to find her place in Hollywood. Union shared that she used to worry about her films working at the box office and that anxiety persist despite her success.
- While appearing on the show, Union shared that she still struggles with a scarcity mindset stating that she feels like there’s a gorilla on her back telling her that if she doesn’t work somebody might not eat. ‘Are you going to sleep in? Somebody might not eat.” she said.
Gabrielle Union says her and Dwade split their bills 50/50 and she still has anxiety about being financially secure due to all of her responsibilities which forces her to be a workaholic! “You better work b*tch, oh you want to sleep in.” pic.twitter.com/lrvhZ3Ax8Q
— Black Millionaires ® (@Blackmillions_) May 15, 2023
- Union also shared that she is working to let go of her financial anxieties. Fans were surprised to know that the couple splits all the bills. They also discussed how Wade must have made much more money considering his $199 million salary during his NBA career.
- Gabrielle Union and Dwayne Wade tied the knot in 2014 and share a child born from surrogacy. Their daughter Kaavia is seven-years-old and Union is also an active stepmother of Wade’s previous three children. Meanwhile, Wade is the guardian of his 21-year-old nephew.
Netizens are surprised by Gabrielle Union and Dwayne Wade’s financial management where they split everything 50/50
After the airing of the show, netizens expressed their opinions about the news of Gabrielle Union and Dwayne Wade’s financial management through Twitter. While many praised their management, some also expressed their shock and confessed they wouldn’t have done the same.
1. I'm not splitting anything with a man who got 3 kids + a bonus child.
2. I'm not splitting anything with a man who made a bonus child that I gotta look at as a constant reminder.
3. Why does millionaire Gabrielle Union sound like she living paycheck-to-paycheck w/ a husband? pic.twitter.com/y91RcvA5OR
— Brunch Liberals (@brunchliberals) May 15, 2023
- Many netizens also criticized Union’s statement questioning why she sounds like she is living from paycheck to paycheck. Meanwhile, others asked netizens to ‘mind their own bills’ after pointing out that both Union and Wade are multimillionaires.
Women are terrified of 50/50 because the unpaid labour is rarely 50/50 – so women end up being exploited. This is a working class, poor people issue. Please stop projecting on to millionaires Gabrielle Union, and Dwayne Wade.
— Goddess of BLACK. (@xm_muva) May 16, 2023
Gabrielle Union is a multimillionaire married to a multimillionaire. Better don’t worry about which bills they are splitting and focus on your bills that are due.
— Ozzy (@ozzyetomi) May 16, 2023
- Gabrielle Union’s comments about her finances also resurfaced the comments of Savannah James which were in direct contrast to the former. When asked about her relatively low profile compared to the wives of other NBA players, Savannah James, wife of NBA player Lebron James, shared that she wishes to focus on being a great mother and supporting her husband.
Two very different type of women. pic.twitter.com/XwUPOehYvt
— Queen La Beefa 👑 (@brenastii) May 15, 2023
This is no shade but Savannah James is not an actor or established like Gabrielle Union is. Gabrielle Union was Gabrielle Union before D Wade. Again, no shade. The comparison here is bizarre. This is an odd tweet LMAO. https://t.co/nkJQVzjnwK
— Jason (Alphabet Wakandan Warrior) (@EscaflowneClown) May 15, 2023
Some people are Gabrielle Union some people are Savannah James, it’s ok to be either, as long as you are being yourself and happy.
— Alabama Barcalounger (@Kyla_Lacey) May 15, 2023
- Overall, netizens praised Gabrielle Union for her transparency and vulnerability while sharing her opinions and applauded her for saying that she doesn’t want her brand to be aspirational.
Honestly I’m not sure how Gabrielle Union still has the wherewithal to share such deep insight into her life. Like she shares vulnerably and transparently in a way that like 70% of the population can’t or chooses not to understand and she gets dogpiled on for it. I couldn’t 😭
— Crystal☀️ (@thecrystaluncut) May 15, 2023
I really like what Gabrielle Union said in her interview about not wanting her brand to be aspirational. She doesn’t want people to feel like they’ll be worthy to have whatever she’s promoting later but rather today and I really like that especially when I think about…
— Naomi 🦄 (@naomizuague) May 17, 2023
What’s your opinion of Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade’s financial management and would you split bills with your patner? Share with us in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to push notification icons and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!