As E3 2021 draws to a close, we’ve seen plenty of previews, gameplays, and new reveals from a variety of gaming companies. Though many of the major announcements, such as Starfield and The Outer Worlds 2, might have caught your attention, there were many more other surprises. So, with this article, let’s have a comprehensive overview of the notable games of E3 2021 thus far.
Day 1: Ubisoft Forward
- This year’s Ubisoft Forward was centered primarily on Rainbow Six Extraction. It’s the recently announced Action / Horror spin-off of the widely known Siege title.
- We also got a new glimpse at Watch Dogs Legion’s Bloodline expansion, which reintroduces Aiden Pearce.
- A fresh look at Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s Siege of Paris DLC
- The announcement of the Mario + Rabbids sequel, Sparks of Hope.
- E3 Day 1 came to a close with the first peek at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora. A new release from Ubisoft Massive established in the world of James Cameron’s Avatar.
Day 2: Xbox + Bethesda, Square Enix
- The show’s expanded schedule included a variety of demonstrations and updates on Microsoft’s selection of games for Xbox and PC.
- Sadly, the Microsoft event had a rocky start with Bethesda Game Studios’ Starfield leak. This appears to have been the next big step forward in the open-world Action / RPG genre.
- The Outer Worlds 2
- New Forza Horizon 5 gameplay
- Upcoming Sea of Thieves expansion, which features Captain Jack Sparrow
- Halo: Infinite multiplayer clips
- Redfall, Arkane Austin’s next new IP starring a team of super-powered vampire hunters, was shown to close out the show.
- They also featured the first look at STALKER 2: Heart of Chernobyl.
- Square Enix revealed that Marvel games are still a key focus for the company. However, the Final Fantasy installment is still on fire with fresh titles on the way.
- The show began with the unveiling of Square Enix Montreal’s single-player Guardians of the Galaxy. We had a sneak peek at it prior to the event.
- In addition, Platinum Games’ Babylon’s Fall made a comeback with a fresh look for the game, which is now a live service that allows gamers to team up online to open dungeons and gather treasures.
- The unveiling of Final Fantasy Origin: Stranger Of Paradise, a joint project between Team Ninja and Square-Enix that recaptures classic FF villain Garland, brought the show to a close.
Day 3: Capcom
- Capcom’s exhibition was the highlight of the day on June 14. Capcom has been producing standalone live stream activities displaying their game lineup for the past year, representing their first designated E3 event.
- Monster Hunter Rise and Resident Evil Village news and future content.
- A significant proportion of the stream is about updates for Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin. As well as a rerelease of The Great Ace Attorney, which was launched in the West for the first time. RE: Verse, a Resident Evil multiplayer spin-off will be released in July, according to sources.
Other E3 Announcements
- Back 4 Blood
- Diablo 2: Resurrected
- Doki Doki Literature Club Plus
- Elden Ring
- Trek To Yomi