We can expect a lot of upcoming movies and series from Marvel this year and in the following years. The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) may have closed the book for Iron Man, but in games, we can see more. The Iron Man project from Electronic Arts may just be the one that you’re looking for if you love Tony Stark. EA Motive and Marvel goes hand in hand to give the best Iron Man project to the fans. If you’re hungry and curious for updates, here’s what we know so far about the Iron Man video game of EA and Marvel.
The Iron Man project
The announcement came out of the shell late last year from both Electronic Arts and Marvel Entertainment. The Iron Man project currently is under development by EA Motive and Marvel Games, respectively.
- In its early development, the game tackles an original narrative about the history of the loved Avenger, Iron Man, played by the veteran actor Robert Downey Jr.. Do you want to become Tony Stark? This game could be a gateway to playing the role of the genius Tony Stark.
- The Iron Man project confirms the game as a single-player video game. A third-person action-adventure game, perfect for MCU fans who’d love to play Iron Man, at least even just in a game.
Release date and Platforms
It’s too early for them to drop a release date since the pre-production has just started. As of this writing, there is no release date or window yet for the Iron Man project.
- However, the platforms where you can play the game may have been announced. According to EA, the Iron Man project will be available to play on PC and consoles as well. We are not certain if console gaming would include older-generation devices though, we’ll have to wait for that.
Aside from Iron Man as the main character in this game, something else may have hyped us up for it — the developers. EA’s Motive Studio has Olivier Proulx leading the team. This isn’t Proulx’s first Marvel game, as he joined in creating 2021’s Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy game too.
- Alongside Proulx, veterans from the Montreal-based studio came to support this upcoming Marvel game. Names like Ian Frazier, Maëlenn Lumineau, and JF Poirier could probably excite you too!
- The Vice President and Creative Director of Marvel Games, Bill Rosemann expressed delight and excitement about this collaboration.
“We are thrilled to collaborate with the talented team at Motive Studio to bring their original vision of one of Marvel’s most important, powerful, and beloved characters.” – Bill Rosemann
- Rosemann continues that both collaborators aim to create a love letter to the legendary hero (especially in the film Avengers: Endgame) and deliver it on a jam-packed video game — the Iron Man project.
- On the other hand, Olivier Proulx shares how he feels honored to be making the video game for one of the most loved superheroes in the media today.
- “Marvel is encouraging us to create something fresh. We have a lot of freedom, which is so engaging for the team,” he added.
Before anything else, the currently in-development Iron Man project could use Epic Game’s Unreal Engine. If you are interested to be one of the team members behind the game, then might as well check out their job listings.
- And since you’re there on the job listing page, if you head over to the Senior Level Designer tab, you’ll find the hidden Unreal gem there. According to the ‘Who You Are’ subheading, the applicant should have “familiarity with advanced game engine like Unreal”.
- This may not confirm anything, but as of this moment, it looks like EA is willing to not utilize their engines for this game. But who knows?
About Motive Studio
Well, it would probably be quite a long time before we can hear from the developers again, so let’s jump into Motive Studio first.
- EA Motive Studio came to the gaming industry way back in 2015. The studio is currently based in Montreal, Canada with more than 100 employees.
- The studio worked on the favorites Star Wars Squadrons and Star Wars Battlefront II. Moreover, this year, Motive Studio drops a remake of the horror-survival game, Dead Space.
We are excited about this EA and Marvel Games’ Iron Man project, are you ready to suit up, players?