The “King of Rock and Roll” Elvis Presley’s daughter Lisa Marie Presley passed away at the age of 54 in California. Following in the footsteps of her legendary father, Lisa was a successful singer-songwriter. A few days ago, she had even attended the 80th Golden Globe Awards ceremony with her mother, Priscilla Presley. Read to find out more about Lisa Marie Presley’s life, career, cause of death, and relationship with Elvis Presley.
Cause of death
According to multiple news reports, Lisa Marie Presley’s cause of death is cardiac arrest. Lisa was found unresponsive at her Calabasas home and was rushed to the hospital.
- It is reported that Lisa had suffered a full cardiac arrest, proving her husband Danny Keough’s CPR efforts and epinephrine administration futile.
- Lisa’s mother Priscilla shared a statement with the press about the untimely death of her daughter without revealing any possible cause.
- Lisa Marie Presley’s last public appearance at the Golden Globes marked Austin Butler’s Best Actor win for portraying her father in the biopic, Elvis.
the fact this was just two days ago.. rip lisa marie presley pic.twitter.com/VSCasFGDe7
— a 🐢 (@anyavrse) January 13, 2023
Life and career
Lisa Marie Presley released her debut album in 2003 titled “To Whom It May Concern”. The album sold hundreds of thousands of copies and made its way to Billboard Top 5.
- Lisa is a notable philanthropist thanks to managing the Elvis Presley Charitable Foundation. Being the sole heir to Elvis Presley’s estate, Lisa sold 85 percent of it in 2004.
- Lisa Marie Presley was also known for her former high-profile marriages to the King of Pop Michael Jackson, actor Nicholas Cage and musician Michael Lockwood.
On September 9th 1994, everyone at work and every kid at school asked the same question …
— 𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗬 𝗛𝗨𝗚𝗛𝗘𝗦 (@TommySledge) January 13, 2023
- Lisa had four children including the actress Riley Keough, who starred in Mad Max: Fury Road. Her son Benjamin Keough died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound in 2020. He was 27.
Lisa and Elvis
Lisa Marie was nine years old when her father Elvis Presley died at 42 years old. In February 2012, Lisa Marie inaugurated a new exhibit as part of the Graceland VIP tour called “Elvis … Through His Daughter’s Eyes”.
— Classic Rock In Pics (@crockpics) January 13, 2023
- In November 1975, her father named one of his private jets after her and called it Aircraft Lisa Marie. Elvis’ estate grew up to over $100 million in value, just as Lisa Marie was ready to inherit it after turning 25.
- A few years after her father’s death, Lisa Marie Presley attended her first rock concert featuring Queen in California. She gave Freddie Mercury a scarf that belonged to Elvis after the show.
Elvis Presley changed the landscape of popular American music and influenced generations of musicians who came later. The death of his only daughter truly marks the end of an era. Our hearts go out to Lisa Marie Presley’s mother and family.
You can also share any questions you have about Lisa Marie Presley. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.