On the morning of December 1, tragic news shocked the music industry regarding the passing of English songwriter and musician Christine McVie. The late singer is best known for performing with Fleetwood Mac, the British-American rock band responsible for hits like Songbird and Landslide. She performed with them for years. She left a note, sad enough to bring tears to the eyes of the fans. In the note, McVie shared the following: ‘I haven’t thought about making another record. The Songbird album might be my swansong. I’m going to be 80 next year, so I gotta slow down a bit, you know?’
— Fleetwood Mac (@fleetwoodmac) November 30, 2022
About Christine McVie
Christine McVie was born in England on July 12, 1973, making her 79 years old when she passed. She was undoubtedly an outstanding keyboard artist with great vocals. Her father himself was a concert violinist and a music lecturer. Now it all makes sense as to how McVie excelled in the music industry.
- She was married to the love of her life, John McVie, who was already a member of Fleetwood Mac when they first met. When news of Christine’s death broke out, the McVie family released a statement that read:
“She passed away peacefully at hospital this morning, Wednesday, November 30th 2022, following a short illness. She was in the company of her family. We kindly ask that you respect the family’s privacy at this extremely painful time and we would like everyone to keep Christine in their hearts and remember the life of an incredible human being, and revered musician who was loved universally. RIP Christine McVie.”
How Christine’s death shocked the music industry
Social media is all crammed with the news of her death. While her sole focus would be to perform with the band, she also released three solo albums. It seems like the words “love” and “relationship” were very dear to the singer, and her songs were a reflection of these two words.
- People adored her while she was alive. According to famous recording artist Steve Legget of AllMusic, Christine is an “unabashedly easy-on-the-ears singer/songwriter, and the prime mover behind some of Fleetwood Mac’s biggest hits”
Her career is adored with two Grammy awards, both of which she won with Fleetwood Mac. The band was grief-stricken and they were crestfallen while revealing the demise of their band member.
Some of Christine McVie’s most famed songs
She wrote some of the most famed songs of Fleetwood Mac. Here is a list of some of her hits.
- Everywhere (1987)
- Hold Me (1982)
- You Make Loving Fun (1977)
- Don’t Stop (1977)
- Songbird (1977)
She once left Fleetwood Mac in 1998, but then rejoined in 2014. Though the cause of her death is fuzzy, her family confirmed that she passed away because of an illness.
- Another statement said that she left this world peacefully in the arms of her loved ones. Stevie Nicks, one of the members of the band, described her as “my best friend in the whole world”. Not only that, but she also paid a special tribute for McVie by posting something emotional.
One of the comments in this post reads “RIP beautiful songbird”. From what Stevie wrote, it is comprehensible that she was broken after hearing about the demise of her best friend.
— Stevie Nicks (@StevieNicks) November 30, 2022
Christine’s best friend is in shock
“I didn’t even know she was ill … until late Saturday night. I wanted to be in London, I wanted to get to London – but we were told to wait.
- Stevie couldn’t stop thinking about her bestie, she even yearned to sing a song to her pal but fate had different plans for McVie.
“So, since Saturday, one song has been swirling around my head, over and over and over. I thought I might possibly get to sing it to her, and so I’m singing it to her now.”
And this is what broke the hearts of fans.
- It sounds strange, but Christine was a diehard fan of Fleetwood Mac, and look at her beautiful fate, she later became a member of the band. Celebs are paying tribute to the songwriter, and how inconsolable they are can be felt from their words.
Thank you Christine McVie for all the wonderful music. Here’s a wonderful song of hers. What a legend! https://t.co/TurRnofpmJ
— rob delaney (@robdelaney) November 30, 2022
Goodbye fellas! Today is a black day for the McVie fans. Someday each of us will have to leave this world. Make sure you live every single day as if it was your last day, as Christine did.
Don’t forget to share, and subscribe to our push notifications. Also keep yourself connected to our world of Gaming, News, Cinema, and Anime! You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!