Error 5C isn’t a new problem in League of Legends. Players have had Error 5C encounters since last year. This problem is also known as League of Legends Trouble Fetching Information Error. It’s a very common error and can be fixed very easily. Here’s everything you need to know about Error 5C League of Legends and how to fix it.
Update #3: Riot has issued an official statement regarding the issue –
Update #2: Many of you have commented that the fixes aren’t working for you. There’s one more thing you can try. Try to uninstall League of Legends completely from your system. Shut down your computer, restart your internet, and then reinstall the game. This time, make a new account. If you’re able to login and play with the new account, logout and login with your main account. This should work. Please try this method and let me know in the comments section if this worked for you.
Update: Since League of Legends new patches are coming, the game’s servers are getting too crowded. Let everything settle down and try playing during the night, the error should be fixed.
Easy Fix For Error 5C League of Legends (LOL Trouble Fetching Information Error)
Error 5C prevents you from starting normal and ranked games. It says – trouble fetching information for this player (Error: 5C). Affected players should quit and log back in if this persists.
The very common solution is a slow or buggy internet. If you’re facing internet issues, that might be the problem that’s triggering this Error.
- Try restarting your modem/router/internet connection
- Once you restart your internet connection, logout from your LoL account and re-login
- Start the game now and it should be fixed
Multiple Accounts Error 5C
If you play with multiple accounts on your PC, here’s an easy fix.
- Logout from your current account
- Log in to your other account
- Logout and re-login to your current account
- The problem should be fixed
Error 5C League of Legends – Fix #2
There’s one more thing you can try –
- Logout of your account
- Uninstall League of Legends completely
- Disconnect your internet
- Shut down your PC and restart
- Download League of Legends and perform a fresh installation
- This time, make a new account
- With your new account, try to login and play a match
- If you’re able to play matches with the new account, logout of the new account
- Login with your main account
Hopefully, this should fix the issue.
Alternate Fix for Error 5C League of Legends
If both the fixes don’t work, try to use the League of Legends repair tool by clicking here.
If the problem persists, comment down below and we’ll try our best to fix it for you.
For more League of Legends content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games. Until next time, Stay Safe, Respect All Lives, and Happy Gaming!