Now that we’re in the month of May, the Eurovision Song Contest 2023 is scheduled to take place this weekend. Throughout the contest, there will be an opening ceremony, semi-finals, and a grand final that will determine who managed to come out on top among all the contestants.
Schedule for Eurovision Song Contest 2023
This year’s Eurovision contest is the 67th time artists from different backgrounds can show their musical prowess. The entire event will run from May 7 and end on May 13.
— igli (@iamiglilime) April 25, 2023
- Eurovision Song Contest 2023 will officially kick off on the first day, May 7, with a special opening ceremony. After the opening ceremony, two semi-finals will be held, with two days between them. During the semi-finals, twenty countries who joined the contest will be selected based on a combination of votes from the public and official judges.
- The first semi-final will be held on May 9, 2023. As for the second semi-final, it will take place on May 11, 2023. Countries that are able to make it past the semi-finals will then join Ukraine and the Big Five (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom) in the Grand Final.
— Eurovision Song Contest (@Eurovision) April 26, 2023
- The Grand Final for Eurovision Song Contest 2023 happens on May 13, 2023. In the Grand Final, 26 countries will compete for the highest award during this contest. Aside from gaining the first spot, whichever country wins will host the next Eurovision Song Contest.
- This year, the Eurovision Song Contest 2023 is held in Liverpool, United Kingdom. Last year’s champions, Ukraine, were given the honor of organizing and hosting the contest. However, given the current situation regarding the Russian invasion, they cannot host the contest in their home country.
— Eurovision Song Contest (@Eurovision) April 30, 2023
- In order to determine who wins this year, it will be based on a combination of votes from the public and official judges. However, viewers from non-participating countries can also send in online votes. The online votes will then be added to the total number of votes each country in the Grand Final receives.
Who are the contestants?
The participating countries have already been separated in the two semi-finals ahead of time. Check them out below:
Semi-final 1 (May 9, 2023)
- Czech Republic
Semi-final 2 (May 11, 2023)
- San Marino
Grand Final (May 13, 2023)
In the Grand Final, there will be 26 countries facing off against each other. Once the jury and public select twenty countries during the semi-finals, ten from each event, they will face off against the Big Five and last year’s winner, Ukraine.
The Big Five countries are the following:
- United Kingdom
Ukraine has also automatically secured a spot in the Grand Final since they won the Eurovision Song Contest last year.
Why you should watch the Eurovision Song Contest 2023
The official venue for the contest is Liverpool Arena in the United Kingdom. You can always stream it online if you cannot make it to the UK and watch the contest live. On the other hand, Eurovision Song Contest 2023 will be broadcast live on television across Europe and other participating countries.
- If this is your first time tuning into a contest like Eurovision, you’re in for a treat. The event is not merely a song completion; it celebrates music and diversity worldwide.
- This is also a great way for up-and-coming artists from participating countries to showcase their talent and be known by the world.
- You can connect with others by tuning in and staying updated with everything at the Eurovision Song Contest 2023. As the popular saying goes, music connects us all, and what better way to do that than by tuning into Eurovision 2023?
Which country are you rooting for in the Eurovision Song Contest 2023? Feel free to share your thoughts with us and other fans in the comments below! For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!