Nintendo has provided information regarding its two upcoming competitive tournaments and how people can access it in great detail. The Splatoon 2 World Championship and Super Smash Bros. Invitational 2018 will run for two days, from the 11th of June to the 12th. The venue has been set to be the Belasco Theater at 1050 S. Hill St. in Los Angeles.
The directions to gain entry into the premise are as follows:
- At 12 A.M. on June 11th, fans have to line up at the studio for a chance to receive a special wristband.
- The owners of this band can freely access the Splatoons 2 World Championship. Nintendo’s official website states that space is very limited within the venue. Hence, only about 500 attendees could be accommodated.
- The bands will be supplied on a first-come, first-served basis, so make sure you set your alarm clocks right and maintain utmost punctuality.
- The event will begin at 2:30 P.M. and the opening rounds will go live starting 3:30 P.M.
- For those who don’t have access to the stadium, the matches will be live-streamed here.
Sportscasters and Nintendo World Championships commentator Jordan Kent, senior editor at CNET Ashley Esqueda and Splatoon 2 U.S./Canada Inkling Open 2018 announcer Nine will be present during the event to call the action during the live broadcast.
Among the best teams from the around the world who will be participating are:
- GG BoyZ representing Japan
- Yah Nah representing Australia/NZ
- SetToDestroyX representing US/Canada and,
- BackSquids representing Europe
Further instructions to access the World Finals:
- The following day(12th June) at 10 A.M. badges will be distributed to the masses.
- The holders of these badges can gain access to the Super Smash Bros. Invitational 2018 and Splatoon 2 World Championship Finals.
- Like last time, the basis of distribution will follow the same first-come, first-served procedure and the venue is limited to 500 people.
- Doors will be open from 12 P.M. and the competition will begin at 1 P.M.
Nintendo has stated that each competitor participating in the Super Smash Bros tournament will be playing the upcoming Super Smash Bros. games releasing on the Switch system for the first time during this event.
“These competitions feature some of the top players from around the world, and they always put on an amazing show,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “Each day of the event will feature fun giveaways, and fans are encouraged to dress up and show their Nintendo spirit. Be sure to get there early on both days.”
The tournaments are open to all spectators with the required materials for access. Space, of course, is limited to 500 people. Attendees are required to follow the attendee policy. My Nintendo members can check in with their respective My Nintendo QR codes to receive special gift items. Different gift items will be given away every day. Click here for more details.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our push-notification and never miss an update on Super Smash Bros. and Splatoon 2. Until next time, Happy Gaming!