A crossover between Far Cry 6 and Breaking Bad allows players to change and get decked up as Walter White or a Los Pollos Hermanos employee. Within the fictitious island of Yara, Ubisoft’s open-world shooter portrays the gamers as being revolutionary; the island is ruled and dominated by Dictator Anton Castillo who is known to be ruthless in all sense.
The famous Breaking Bad star Giancarlo Esposito plays out the character of Anton Castillo through a “motion-captured efficiency”. This enables translation of the “actor’s depth and gravitas” as the drug king and mafia Gus Fring into the motion shooter.
Far Cry 6 x Breaking Bad
In a recent interview with Screen Rant, Far Cry 6 narrative director as well as the main author, Navid Khavari, talks about how Giancarlo Esposito was perfect for Anton Castillo. The sequence and chronology of Far Cry have an interesting line of villains. Navid Khavari further revealed that the sixth installment’s major protagonist had to go through many forms throughout the phase of improvements.
- The character of Anton Castillo finally started to come up and concretize. It was an obvious choice that Giancarlo Esposito was the “one” that would materialize Anton Castillo’s scary determination into reality.
- A fellow Breaking Bad alumnus, Danny Trejo has also joined Far Cry 6 alongside Giancarlo Esposito; they will together star in a mission that in the month of December.
- To delve into Breaking Bad even deeper, Far Cry 6 has additionally included two cosmetic bundles. These take inspiration from this sensational series. Reddit users Leading-Noise7314 and Kinda Funny CEO, Greg Miller had posted about these two bundles on their social media handles prior to the bundles being revealed.
- The Los Pollos Hermanos Bundle is the first set. It pays homage to Giancarlo Esposito’s character Gus Fring’s chicken restaurant.
No half-measures here! Hide in plain sight at Los Pollos Hermanos or channel your inner Heisenberg with these bundles inspired by the smash hit television series. pic.twitter.com/q8xctfNLce
— Far Cry (@FarCrygame) November 12, 2021
An apron, cap, watch, and a Los Pollos Hermanos delivery truck vehicle are part of the costume bundle. Meanwhile, the Heisenberg Bundle allows gamers to dress up like Walter White, the famed chemist played by Bryan Cranston. With the character’s characteristic hat, jacket, and spectacles, as well as a variety of weaponry, the kit transforms heroine Dani into The Danger.
Far Cry 6 will soon have another linkage to the criminal franchise, alongside Giancarlo Esposito, Danny Trejo, and the Breaking Bad cosmetic packs. Vaas Montenegro, who was portrayed by the renowned Michael Mando, was the villain in Far Cry 3. Mando will go on to play Nacho Varga on Better Call Saul; a precursor show to Breaking Bad which follows the quirky criminal lawyer Saul Goodman. Launching November 16, a Far Cry 6 DLC featuring Vaas will allow the players to step into the role of the violent criminal and get a piece of his distorted psyche.
— Michael Mando (@MandoMichael) November 10, 2021
Los Pollos Hermanos
- It seems with the number of additions, Far Cry 6 maybe will be very close to the thriller-crime series, Breaking Bad. In Ubisoft’s open-world shooter, players will get an interesting insight with Giancarlo Esposito acting as the nemesis and Michael Mando as the playable character.
- Decked up in a Los Pollos Hermanos uniform, players would be able to serve chicken as well as violence hand-in-hand. In the meantime, the Heisenberg Bundle allows players to transform Dani into the “infamous One Who Knocks”.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you also subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games. Follow us on Twitter @spieltimesfor the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!