Square Enix recently celebrated Final Fantasy 7’s 25th Anniversary thru a Livestream event that featured all Final Fantasy 7 game developments. Here are all the details of the event.
Final Fantasy 7 25th Anniversary
Square Enix’s Final Fantasy 7 celebrated its 25th anniversary via live stream on the 17th of June 2022. The sub-15-min stream revealed several exciting titles as Square Enix is going all out with Final Fantasy 7 content.
Here is the summary of all the announcements during the celebration.
- Final Fantasy 7: Remake Intergrade – Steam Launch and Steam Deck Compatibility
- First Soldier – Final Fantasy 7 – Season 3 update underway and NA Tournament Updates
- Ever Crisis – Final Fantasy 7 – Closed Beta starts this 2022.
- Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core Reunion – Available this winter
- Merchandise and Music Pre-orders availability
- Buster Sword Digital Clock
- Play Arts Kai – Four New Releases
- Static Arts Cloud Strife
- Bracelet and Bangle New Accessories
- Compilation Vinyl – Final Fantasy 7
- Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth / Remake Part 2 – Available Next Winter
- Final Fantasy 7: Remake Part 3 (unofficial title) – Under Development
Let us know go through the details on each one of them
Final Fantasy 7: Remake Intergrade
Initially released on the 10th of April 2020, FF7 Remake Intergrade made its way on Steam on the 17th of June 2022. The game is also compatible with the Steam Deck which means that you can play the game from just almost anywhere.
Final Fantasy 7: First Soldier
Season 3: Highway Star of the Final Fantasy 7 First Solider mobile game is underway. The event showcased the Season update highlights including the new Midgar Plateside map.
- Midgar Plateside Map offers familiar locations on the Final Fantasy VII Remake. It features the Mako Reactor, Core1, Sector 8, and the Highway and a looming background of the Shinra building.
- The New Style Machinist features a high mobility air gadget that allows players to hover across the battlefield.
- A New Materia: Water is a homing projectile that inflicts water attacks on the enemies.
- New weapon Serpent Launcher fires a high-explosive power from long distances.
Final Fantasy 7: Ever Crisis
A new mobile game Final Fantasy 7: Ever Crisis is towards its closed beta test during 2022. This was the follow-through from last year’s announcement of a single-player mobile game that is under development.
Additionally, the game connects the stories from other FF7 stories including the original FF7. It will be playable on both IOS and Android.
Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core Reunion
The event also announced the prequel of Final Fantasy VII which focuses on Zack Fair, a 1st class Soldier and at some point, Cloud’s best friend. Originally a PSP game, Crisis Core Reunion is a full remaster which will be available on multiple platforms (Playstation 4 and 5, Xbox Series X and S, Xbox One, Steam, and Nintendo Switch).
The game will be released this coming winter which is the first among the future games to be released.
Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth / Remake Part 2
The event ended with the highlight as well being the Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth or previously known as Remake Part 2. It will be released next winter (2023 and 2024. For full details of this game, click this link: Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth / Remake Part 2.
Along with this, the Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 3 was also announced without an official title. It is also under development simultaneously with the other games.
Merchandise and Music Pre-orders
Additional shop items were also announced during the event such as Buster Sword Digital Clock, Play Arts Kai, Static Arts Cloud Strife, Bracelet, and Bangle New Accessories, Compilation Vinyl – Final Fantasy 7. All of these can be bought from Square Enix Merchandise Store.
Overall, FF7 Rebirth, Crisis Core, Ever Crisis, and Remake Part 3 will all have intertwined stories as detailed by the executives of FF7 in their social media statements. If you have any questions or you feel that we missed something, please feel free to let us know in the comments below.
Make sure you also subscribe to our push notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes