The upcoming free DLC for Five Nights at Freddy’s (FNAF): Security Breach has just released the official gameplay trailer, and fans couldn’t be more excited! 2023 is certainly shaping up to be an exciting year for old and new fans of the beloved horror game franchise. Not only will the FNAF movie premiere later this year, but we’re also getting a free DLC that lets us see what the horror is like through the eyes of a new protagonist. Here is everything you need to know about the free DLC for FNAF: Security Breach, including new characters, release date, and more!
What is the free DLC for FNAF: Security Breach all about?
It’s been a long time coming as FNAF: Security Breach releases a free DLC for its players to enjoy. The game was released back in December 2021. Since then, it’s received positive reviews from critics and the video gaming community. Unlike the first FNAF game, Security Breach features a new story and setting. However, long-time fans of the series can see some familiar faces return in Security Breach.
Despite the number of endings a player can get in Security Breach, the story of FNAF does not stop there. Steel Wool has announced that a free DLC called Ruin is coming to FNAF: Security Breach this year. Honestly, there’s much to enjoy from Freddy Fazbear and his friends in the coming months!
- The free DLC was first announced in May 2022. Since then, players have been waiting for updates on when it is coming out.
- Now that we have the official gameplay trailer, seeing where Ruin will take us in FNAF: Security Breach’s story is interesting.
- From its name, there are speculations that the DLC is set to take place in the ruins of Freddy Fazbear’s Mega Pizzaplex.
Will there be new characters in the free DLC?
In Ruin, players take on the role of Cassie. Although there is no other information as to why Cassie goes into the Mega Pizzaplex again, there are speculations that she is searching for Gregory. To recap, Gregory is the protagonist in Security Breach. The game’s fanmade wiki discusses how Ruin’s story possibly starts after the “Burn It All Down” ending.
- In this ending, Burntrap is the final boss Gregory must face before escaping the pizzaplex. With the help of the Blob, it captures Burntrap and prevents him from taking control of Freddy.
- This is one of the happy endings in FNAF: Security Breach, showing Gregory and Freddy watching the sun rise over the horizon.
Like Gregory, Cassie must rely on stealth to escape the killer animatronics in the pizzaplex. In the gameplay reveal of the upcoming DLC, we can see Cassie use some gadgets that help her deal with enemies easier.
- Some gadgets we see her using are a flashlight, a hacking device, and even Vanny’s mask. As of writing, there is no official information yet on whether Vanny will play a part in the free DLC for FNAF: Security Breach.
- The teaser also shows familiar faces from Security Breach. Some are Gregory, Glamrock Freddy, the Daycare Attendant, and the Blob.
- Following the Burn It All Down ending, there is also a chance for Burntrap to return and be one of the main antagonists of the DLC.
Release Date and Platforms
Steel Wool has not given an exact release date for the free DLC of FNAF: Security Breach. What they have given fans is a release in the month of July. Follow the game’s social media accounts to remain updated on when Ruin will release and other latest news.
Hey guys…I just started this job but everyone keeps commenting something about "Ruin." I found this on my hard drive, is this it?? https://t.co/FChnp7cs7h #ruin #steelwoolstudios #fnaf
— Steel Wool Studios (@SteelWoolStudio) May 19, 2023
It will be released on the following platforms. Make sure that you already own a copy of the game, as this update will be available for all:
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 5
- Xbox One
- Xbox Series X|S
- Nintendo Switch
- Google Stadia
Do you have any other theories on what FNAF: Security Breach’s free DLC will be about? Which characters do you want to see return once this expansion drops? Feel free to share your thoughts with us and other gamers in the comments below!