Fortnite servers will shut down on all platforms today, Tuesday, May 3, for Fortnite’s Patch 20.30. So what’s new?
|1:00 AM (PDT)||4:00 AM (ET)||9:00 AM (BST)|
A standard 30 minutes prior to that moment, matchmaking will be deactivated. Downtime can take up to 3 hours, but it is usually considerably less than that. Unless, of course, during major updates.
Time to reach new heights! The v20.30 update is scheduled for release on May 3rd.
Downtime will begin at 04:00 AM ET, with matchmaking being disabled 30 minutes beforehand. pic.twitter.com/k6GmyVu6el
— Fortnite Status (@FortniteStatus) May 2, 2022
Fortnite Patch 20.30 Patch Notes
- Due to a visual issue, we’ve temporarily disabled the Street Shine pickaxe and may not appear in your Locker. This item will be visible again and re-enabled in a future update.
- Players will not receive social toast notifications when they’re in the match in a party with other players.
Vaults around Seven Outposts with a lock that requires multiple players to open currently are locked shut and will not activate. This will be resolved in a future update.
The Anvil Rocket Launcher does not show that it is locking on to vehicles as expected. It does still lock on when firing but does not display this.
Driving a vehicle can sometimes clip under the map when impacting the ground.
When using a split-screen, opening the Map or Quest screen will cause the other players’ view to becoming all black, blocking their vision.
- Creators may find that some props in the Agency Upper and Lower prefabs are blank tiles with no image.
Several template Islands do not load or loads blank. The affected Templates are:
• Zone Wars Tutorial 1132-4617-3762
• Hub Template Tutorial 7863-7338-1338
• Cosmodrome Showcase 1220-6759-6692
• Battle Royale Island Showcase 8316-9098-8340
• Space Island Showcase 1963-0902-6497
• Search & Destroy Tutorial 0766-4721-0528
We’re aware of an issue that is causing the player counter device to fail to detect players when they respawn inside of the zone using player spawn pads
Players spawn in the sky due to spawning pad settings
An issue that is causing the skydive volume device to not remove flight when a player switches teams.
Causing the trackers to disappear after a player leaves the game
SAVE THE WORLD
- While in the “Refuel Homebase Mission” attempting to place a BluGlo Siphon may cause a crash. This issue only occurs when players are in Performance Mode.
The Lab’s daily quest are not currently counting towards the daily dungeon quest progress
Sometimes the sidebar will not be set in focus and players will find they are still moving the UI elements on the Map instead of the sidebar.
When close to and, being shot at by R.O.S.I.E players may experience bright flashing light.
Two active questlines (Sleep on It from the Blockbuster Questline and Destroy: Good Morning from Ventures) task players with destroying beds. Most beds are not being counted towards quest completion when destroyed
For some players, the map and lobby will look unusually bright.
SWITCH and MOBILE
On mobile devices, some Creative Islands will display two scoreboards in both the middle of the screen and also under the minimap.
If you have any questions regarding Fortnite’s Patch 20.30, feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!