Fortnite Chapter 2 is currently on its 7th season and the season is running on its seventh week. With new details about season 8 coming from everywhere, Epic Games has dropped yet another new update that adds in a couple of new features and an event. Fortnite Battle Royale V17.20 will be released today for all players and on all platforms. The new update adds preferred item slots, a new LGBT-focused event, and much more.
Rainbow Royale Event
A new event, celebrating the LGBTQIA+ community has started today in Fortnite. The event “Rainbow Royal Event” will run until July 27 at 8 PM ET. It provides players with a bunch of free colorful items, including four Rainbow Royale Sprays, a Sunshine & Rainbows Wrap, and the Take a’Bow Emote. A playlist featuring LGBTQIA+ music artists such as Lil Nas X, Troye Sivan, Kim Petras, Hayley Kiyoko, and more will also be available on the car radio stations to celebrate the occasion.
Several new features will be introduced in the new update, some of which, fans were eagerly waiting for. Following are the major new features in V17.20 Update:
- The highly anticipated preferred item slot would be found in the Game Tab of the Settings menu, players can now choose which inventory space they want a picked-up weapon or item to be dropped into.
- Bugha’s Late Game Arena mode will also be available soon for plyer in the playlist selection screen and is meant to celebrate the addition of Bugha in Fortnite’s Icon Series. The game mode will drop teams of three on the map with the Storm already closing in.
- Each player will receive one of nine loadouts randomly, and players will earn Hyper upon completing certain tasks like eliminating opponents. Players who’ll be able to get at least 1500 Hype before July 28 would be eligible to compete in a tournament with a cash prize of $100,000.
Listening to fans is very important and fixing issues raised by them should be a priority for the developers. Keeping that in mind, there are several bug fixes that Fortnite has implemented in the new update:
- Fixed an issue that caused us to disable Ziplines. Ziplines are now back!
- Fixed an issue that caused us to disable Rifts obtained from vendors. Vendor Rifts are also back.
- Resolved an issue involving items being automatically equipped in certain cases when picked up.
- Fixed an issue involving the Grimey Outfit’s reactivity not working.
- Fixed an issue involving the button for Arena Division/tournament details being unresponsive on the controller.
- Lastly, they resolved an issue involving the ‘Hold Inventory button’ Crafting menu shortcut not working.
If you have any other questions regarding Fortnite, feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content related to Fortnite, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games. Until next time, Stay Safe, Wear A Mask, and Happy Gaming!