We have some great news for Fortnite fans as the new season is all set to release soon. The popular battle royale game is currently on its seventh season but not for long. This weekend Fortnite fans will see the arrival of Guile and Cammy from Street Fighter in their latest collab. Also, there will be 5 Ariana Grand Concerts starting 6th August. So, this going to be a great week for Fortnite fans. To add to that joy, we bring you the official release date of season 8.
Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 7 is currently on its 9th week, which means it is moving towards its final few weeks. According to the Season 7 battle pass, it would end on 12th September 2021. This means that Season 8 would begin from 13th September 2021, that is, Monday. Unless Epic Games decides to extend the stamp on battle royale passes, we can be sure that season 8 will begin on 12 September.
This gives fans a little over a month to finish their affairs in Season 7. We urge you to wrap up the perks of your battle pass before this date. If you don’t plan it right, you might miss out on exclusive rewards like the Rick Sanchez skin from the ever-popular adult cartoon, Rick and Morty.
About Season 8
There have been a lot of leaks and rumors about season 8, but there hasn’t been much official information about it. Here’s what we know so far:
- Skins coming to season 8 include Naruto, which would probably be exclusive to Battle Pass owners. Along with that, an explosive kunai weapon would also be available to unlock. This should come as no surprise and Fortnite is known for its collaborations.
- The Naruto skin was a part of leaked Court documents that tipped off the community to some future events. These included the NBA crossover, the LeBron James skin, and the Ariana Grande Rift Tour. We have seen all of them happening, therefore, we can expect the same for Naruto.
- Season 8 may continue the invasion storyline introduced in season 7. In fact, this storyline might extend throughout Chapter 2.
- It might also include something called ‘The Sideways’, which would release monsters into the map and lead to a horrific inversion of the normal Fortnite island.
- Leaks also suggest that rideable monsters and mechs will be coming in Chapter 2. It might as well be in Season 8.
While it might sound very interesting, it is not official information. Though the leaks are quite reliable, we’ll suggest you to not get your hopes up and wait for a word from Epic Games.
If you have any other questions regarding Fortnite, feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content related to Fortnite, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!