There was so much hype revolving around Fortnite’s collaboration with Among us in past few weeks. But last week Among Us developers totally denied the claims made by HYPEX, a leaker. Since then, the hype settled a bit but to our surprise, now Fortnite has in fact introduced a new Among Us-inspired mode.
What Is It?
This new mode in Fortnite is called “Imposters” mode. If this isn’t a crossover with Among Us, then it is a very visible and ruthless rip-off of the game! Anyone who has played Among Us can recognize that how insane the similarities between the two games are.
“TRUST NOBODY: INTRODUCING FORTNITE IMPOSTORS. Will you ensure the safety and security of The Bridge… or follow Jones’ footsteps and sabotage the Imagined Order from within? Discover your role in Fortnite Impostors,” their website reads.
It is so visibly clear that this in fact in Among Us with a few additional gimmicks and better graphics. The plot of the mode is that the impostors are accomplices of Agent Jones, who betrayed the Imagined Order to save reality a few seasons ago. Please note that this is a limited-time mode. In the next section, we will talk about, just how this mode has been mercilessly copied from Among Us.
Among Us Fortnite Imposters Mode
We have already established the fact that this new mode is too much like Among Us and here are the similarities:
- The mode for a maximum of ten players: eight Agents maintaining The Bridge and two Impostors out to overtake it. Agents are just a fancy word for Among Us’ Crewmates.
- Just like Among Us, you will have to work together to root out anyone pretending to be a fellow Agent. You can’t trust anyone because anyone can be an imposter.
- If you find a fellow Agent’s eliminated fragment or see anything doubtful, you may want to report it.
- Then all the players would be called for a meeting where you all will be required to vote a player out.
- The Impostors’ goal is to eliminate enough Agents to take control of The Bridge before being discovered.
Oh, and if you lost track, we are still talking about Fortnite’s Imposter mode! Now you know how cheaply they have created their own version of Among Us. But obviously, it comes with a few dissimilarities and additional gimmicks. These include:
- Teleportation is an essential part of Fortnite. Imposters can teleport all Agents and Impostors to somewhere else on The Bridge to cover their tracks.
- The Assignments for Agents include calibrating chests and llamas, repairing the Battle Bus, and delivering Storm reports for analysis.
- Imposters can temporarily freeze progress on all Assignments by disabling them. This buys them some extra time to take out agents and complete their mission.
- Also, in Fortnite, Impostors don’t kill players but teleport them away into a rift.
- Imposters can also make all the players looks like a banana (Peely) for a short, helping them blend in.
So, if you want to enjoy Among Us with 3D graphics, you can try this limited-time Imposters mode in Fortnite. For all the fans who were hoping for a crossover with Among Us, this is what we have to say – It’s not Among Us, but it sure as hell, is exactly like Among Us!
If you have any other questions regarding Fortnite, feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content related to Fortnite, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!