The very popular RPG by miHoYo has set another record for a free-to-play game from China. Genshin Impact has grossed over $100 million in less than two weeks.
Although the game’s popularity can be seen worldwide, the top markets are China, Japan, Korea, and the US. As mentioned by analyst Daniel Ahmad, “without a doubt the most successful launch for an original IP from a Chinese dev.”
A bullet-point for TL;DR
- Genshin Impact grossed over $100 million in less than two weeks
- It is one of the most successful launches for an original IP from a Chinese developer
- In its first week, Genshin Impact grossed over $50 million
- It was downloaded 23 million times in Android/iOS alone during its first week
- It was the second-highest-grossing game globally on iOS in its first week
In its first week, Genshin Impact grossed over $50 million in total revenue across all platforms. The game also saw over 20 million pre-registrations before launch.
Download-wise, the game was downloaded 17 million times in just four days from its launch.
According to Sensor Tower’s data, Genshin Impact was the second highest-grossing game globally on iOS in its first week. Another data says the game was downloaded more than 23 million times in mobile devices alone (iOS and Android) in its very first week.
For more Genshin Impact content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games. Until next time, Stay Safe, Respect All Lives, and Happy Gaming!