Genshin Impact 2.1 is all set to launch on September 1, 2021, which is hardly 3 days away now. As expected, fans are getting a little impatient and want to get it as soon as possible. After all, Genshin Impact has a huge fan base and is one of the most trending games in the world. So, we have some great news for fans who just can’t wait to check out the new update as pre-installation times have been revealed.
Genshin Impact 2.1 pre-installation feature will be accessible from 11:00 (UTC+8) or 7am ET on August 30. This feature hasn’t been made available to fans ever since Genshin Impact 1.3 update. It is possible miHoYo is making this feature available for this update in efforts to celebrate its first anniversary.
“Dear Travelers, to bring Travelers a better gaming experience, the developers will soon make a pre-installation function available on PC and mobile platforms”, tweeted @GenshinImpact
As of now, pre installation is available for only PC and Mobile version of Genshin Impact. It might also be available for PlayStation but we have no information regarding that. You will be able to access 2.1 update through the menu of both the mobile and the PC versions. A detailed guide follows below.
How to Pre-Install Genshin Impact 2.1
To pre-install Genshin Impact 2.1 on mobile devices, follow the given steps:
- Open the game and then wait for the final loading screen.
- You will see a cloud logo with a “Pre-Install Resource Package” at the bottom left of the loading screen
- Select the pre-install resource package option and you are all set.
- Open the Paimon menu by clicking on the Paimon logo in the top left corner.
- Now select the ‘Setting’ tab before moving on to the ‘Other’ tab.
- You will see an option named “Pre-Install Resource Package” at the bottom of the ‘Other’ section.
- Click on the ‘Pre-Install Now’ button and select the ‘Confirm’ option.
To pre-install Genshin Impact 2.1 on PC, follow the given steps:
- Double click on the Genshin Impact launcher and then on update to a new version.
- Once the launcher update is complete, you’ll see the “Game Pre-Installation” option to the left of the ‘Launch’
- Select the game pre-installation option and click on Confirm option.
The pre-installation will allow miHoYo to avoid too much traffic on the launch date, as the most impatient fans will do so 2 days beforehand.
If you have any other questions regarding the Genshin Impact, feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content related to Genshin Impact, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games. Until next time, Stay Safe, and Happy Gaming!