We’re in the last month of the year, but Genshin Impact still has a lot up its sleeves for Travelers! For December 2022, Travelers can expect new characters, events, and story quests that will surely help increase the current player count of Genshin Impact. With the final version update coming this week, you’ll surely want to plan your Primogem-spending wisely, especially since the newest 5-star is someone most Travelers have wanted to pull forever since he appeared in the game. Stay with us to know everything new coming to Genshin Impact this December 2022!
Genshin Impact December 2022 schedule
The last update for Genshin Impact is version 3.3 and here, we will see old and new faces alike. Ever since we got the 3.0 update, HoYoverse has been splitting the updates into two phases. This means more character choices for players but they will have less time to save up on Primogems before the character banners are changed. This month, there will also be two phases. However, two new characters are being added to Genshin Impact’s growing roster.
Genshin Impact 3.3 character banners
Phase 1 begins this Wednesday, December 7, and it will include both a new and old character in Genshin Impact. From December 7 until December 27, Travelers can pull for Wanderer (AKA Scaramouche) and Arataki Itto. In addition to this, a new 4-star Anemo character named Faruzan will also be part of the limited-time character banners in the first phase!
As for Phase 2, the character banners are going to be character reruns again. Starting December 27 until mid-January next year, two iconic five-star characters from Inazuma are getting their reruns. Travelers can pull for Kamisato Ayato and the Raiden Shogun again after the limited-time banners from the first phase are finished.
New story quests
Genshin Impact 3.3 will still take place in Sumeru as this is the last major patch for this region. What makes this patch all the more special is that some of the major characters in the Inazuma arc are likely going to be a part of the new story quests.
- Talks about the Raiden Shogun and Scaramouche facing off against each other have been all the buzz in the Genshin Impact community. Now that we know more about Scaramouche’s sad backstory, this is the perfect opportunity for HoYoverse to further explore his character now
- When we last encountered Scaramouche in Sumeru, he was working together with the Sages and Il Dottore. Together, they managed to create a false god who possessed all the Elements of Teyvat while keeping the Dendro Archon locked away
- Now that Scaramouche is known as the Wanderer, it will be interesting to see what happens in his storyline. Is there going to be a redemption arc for his character? Will we see more of Il Dottore before Genshin Impact shifts its focus on the next region coming to the game?
Five new events are coming to Genshin Impact this December. Among these five events, players are looking forward to the return of Windtrace. Most Travelers like this game because of the thrill and excitement it provides to players. Other than that, Travelers can also look forward to the Ley Line Overflow event so make sure to save up your Resins for that!
Here are the upcoming events for Genshin Impact version 3.3:
- Akitsu Kimodameshi
- Misty Dungeons: Realm of Sands
- Windtrace 3.3 Rerun
- Across the Wilderness
- Ley Line Overflow 3.3 Rerun
Version 3.3 also introduces a new permanent game mode in Genshin Impact! Soon, Travelers can take part in card duels during the Genius Invokation TCG. Check out the gameplay trailer below to find out more!
Will there be a Christmas event in the gacha game?
‘Tis the season to be jolly as we’re only a few weeks away from celebrating Christmas! In video games, it’s common for developers to include limited-time events or rewards to get their players in the spirit of the holiday season. However, this will not be the case for Genshin Impact as it has not celebrated Christmas in-game since its release.
- According to HoYoverse, they are focusing on holidays that are celebrated in Teyvat instead of the real world. In order to stay true to the game’s rich lore, Genshin Impact’s celebrations are always related to something that happened in Teyvat
- One example of this is the Weinlesefest celebration in Mondstadt. Although this is heavily inspired by a real celebration in Germany, the game commemorates the return of the Anemo Archon during the harvest season
- But despite the fact that there is no Christmas celebration in Genshin Impact, they did incorporate a few elements of it in previous patches. In Genshin Impact 1.2, Travelers first arrived in the snowy area of Dragonspine
- We saw ourselves in this region again during the Shadows Amidst Snowstorms event. This time, Travelers had the ability to create Snowmen. As of now, there is no official word yet from HoYoverse or Genshin Impact on what special event we can expect for the holiday season
Genshin Impact current player count
Genshin Impact is more popular than ever despite releasing over two years ago. At the end of September 30, 2020, a whopping 16.5 million players were getting into the newest gacha game. Fast forward to the end of November 2022 and Genshin Impact has over 65 million users making up its current player count.
Although it is fairly difficult to get into especially if you’re only starting now, nothing can get in the way of Genshin Impact’s popularity. With the Wanderer’s arrival in the game, it’s not surprising if Genshin Impact’s current player count grows by the end of the month.
Its recent nominations and wins are proof of Genshin Impact’s immense popularity. Recently, the game won the Grand Award at the PlayStation Partner Awards 2022 Japan Asia. As a way of thanking its players, HoYoverse is sending free Primogems over the course of four days. However, the developers are looking to win big at The Game Awards 2022 after being nominated in two major categories.
- Genshin Impact is nominated in the Best Mobile Game and Best Ongoing Game categories. In both categories, the game is facing some very tough competition in the likes of Apex Legends and Diablo Immortal
- Nonetheless, it still has a chance of winning because of its large player base. Remember, Travelers, more wins means more Freemogems for us. So get to voting if you haven’t yet!
RELATED NEWS: Genshin Impact: Active Redeemable Codes November 2022
Are you excited to spend your December with Genshin Impact? Let us know which events and characters you’re looking forward to the most in the comments below! Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.