In the world of film and television, the Golden Globes awards hold immense honor, alongside the likes of the Academy Awards and the Emmys. 2023 marks the 80th edition of the Golden Globes. The stakes were high due to an inclusivity scandal from 2021 that led to stars like Tom Cruise returning their awards. Here is a list of all winners from Golden Globes 2023 and red carpet entrances that caught our eye.
Golden Globes for Film
Legendary director Steven Spielberg’s The Fabelmans sc two coveted prizes: Best Motion Picture – Drama and Best Director – Motion Picture.
- The Banshees of Inisherin led with eight nominations and went on to win Best Musical or Comedy, Best Screenplay, and Best Actor – Musical or Comedy for Colin Farrell.
— NBC Entertainment (@nbc) January 11, 2023
- Everything Everywhere All at Once won two acting awards for Michelle Yeoh and Ke Huy Quan. Other acting awards went to Austin Butler for Elvis, Cate Blanchett for Tár, and Angela Bassett for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.
- India’s runaway hit RRR lost the non-English Best Motion Picture to Argentina, 1985 but won the Best Original Song for MM Keeravani’s Naatu Naatu.
- Justin Hurwitz took home the Golden Globe for Best Original Score for Babylon while Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio won Best Animated Motion Picture.
Golden Globes for TV
ABC’s comedy show Abbott Elementary dominated the TV side of the Golden Globe awards winning Best TV Series – Musical or Comedy, Best Actress in a TV Series – Musical or Comedy, and Best Supporting Actor in a TV Series for Tyler James Williams.
- HBO’s House of the Dragon won the Golden Globe for Best TV series – Drama while The White Lotus won the Best Limited TV series award.
Congratulations to House of the Dragon for winning the Golden Globe for Best Drama Series! pic.twitter.com/QBkWwChbVz
— Winter is Coming (@WiCnet) January 11, 2023
- Acting winners for Television include Kevin Costner for Yellowstone, Zendaya for Euphoria, Jeremy Allen White for The Bear, and Julia Garner for Ozark.
- Limited TV series actors who took home Golden Globes are Evan Peters for Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story, Amanda Seyfried for The Dropout, Jennifer Coolidge for The White Lotus, and Paul Walter Hauser for Black Bird.
Red carpet stunners
Certainly, it’s impossible to ignore all our favorite celebrities who rocked the Golden Globes red carpet look. Let’s pick some of our favorites from the ceremony.
- Anya Taylor-Joy looked stunning in a subtle pastel yellow Dior and Tiffany outfit. Jenna Ortega was breathtaking in earthy tones, dressed in Gucci and Tiffany.
- Margot Robbie looked ethereal in baby-pink Chanel Couture while Ana de Armas was divine in her Louis Vuitton dress.
- We absolutely adored Andrew Garfield in Zegna, Donald Glover in Saint Laurent, and Austin Butler in Gucci on the Golden Globes red carpet.
The list of Golden Globes award winners was well-received on social media. The red carpet looks went immediately viral among celebrity fashion enthusiasts. Do you think the Hollywood Foreign Press made a comeback from controversy with this year’s Golden Globes?
You can also share any questions you have about Golden Globes. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.