An unfortunate and shocking event happened yesterday, February 9 in Muntinlupa City, Philippines. A Grade 12 student from San Beda College Alabang died in the hospital after an hour after being rushed after the incident. Authorities investigate the recent event to know what went down and what happened with the Grade 12 student before the heartbreaking incident. The Muntinlupa City Police investigates, and here’s what we know so far.
Student dies after falling from a building
A Senior High School student from the Philippines dies. The 17-year-old San Beda College Alabang student fell from a college building. The said incident happened at around 12:05 P.M, according to the Muntinlupa City Police.
- An eyewitness of the falling of the male student told the authorities what she saw. The individual, a school canteen concessionaire, shared that she saw the student fall to the ground after parking her vehicle. The student fell from the sixth floor of Our Lady of Montserrat Hall of San Beda.
- She immediately went to the school nurse who performed first aid before the student’s rushed to the hospital.
- The male student fell in front of the building and was brought to Asian Hospital and Medical Center in Alabang, Muntinlupa City. However, at around 1:16 P.M., the Grade 12 student passed away.
- As of this writing, the student was identified by the authorities. Other information about the Grade 12 student that died has not been disclosed. The Muntinlupa City Police continue investigating what truly happened before the incident, and whether foul play was involved.
San Beda College Alabang’s statement
In the late afternoon of February 9, San Beda College Alabang’s president, Fr. Gerardo Ma. De Villa OSB gave a school statement on the recent incident. Stating that they lost one of the students of the community, one precious life on the campus.
- The incident shocked the school and it was difficult to think about how this happened. The San Beda College Alabang community mourns and prays for the student’s families and loved ones.
- Fr. De Villa also mentions that the authorities and the school officials cooperate regarding the matter. “The School requests that all respect the family’s privacy during this time of grief,” he adds.
- News outlets have yet to hear from the family of the student, however, this should not be anytime soon. We can only do much with prayers and sympathies as of this moment. The San Beda College Alabang incident is still a developing case.
- In different news, about a few weeks ago, the same occurrence, a student from the Philippines dies. It took place at the University of the East (UE) Caloocan campus. A 19-year-old Senior High School (SHS) student dies after a fall from the 9th floor of a school building. The incident happened on January 23, around 6:25 in the morning, according to the police.
- The school utility personnel found the victim’s body on the drainage after following the loud noise he heard. In a statement, the school cooperated with the Caloocan City Police Station (CCPS), and the investigation results cleared that no foul play was involved in the incident.
We are saddened by the incidents of students dying in the Philippines, and other parts of the world as well. We offer our heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of the San Bedan student. May his soul rest in peace.
OTHER NEWS: General Pervez Musharraf dies at 79 – Cause of death
The team at Spiel Times offers their most heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of the students mentioned. We sincerely hope that this San Beda Alabang and UE Caloocan incident will not happen again. If you’re from the Philippines and need to speak with someone, you may contact National Center for Mental Health Crisis Hotline at 0966-351-4518.
Make sure you share, subscribe to our push notifications, and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!