As he departs from DC and Netflix, rumors are that actor Henry Cavill could finally be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The British actor bids farewell to two of the most significant roles of his career. Henry Cavill’s Superman in the DCEU and Geralt of Rivia in The Witcher made him who he is today.
Read to find out more about how and why Henry Cavill left DC and Netflix and what the future holds for him.
Exit from The Witcher
In October, Henry Cavill confirmed his departure from the Netflix fantasy series The Witcher. Cavill’s casting and performance as Geralt of Rivia was a huge success.
- It was speculated that Henry Cavill quit from his role in the Netflix series to focus on his return to the DC Extended Universe as Superman.
- However, new reports suggest that Cavill was secretly fired by Netflix for his toxic behavior on the sets. The actor allegedly went over the heads of showrunners and made last-minute changes without their knowledge.
A transcript of the Deuxmoi podcast reveals that Henry Cavill allegedly became “impossible” to work with for ‘The Witcher’:
“He would try to overrule her (female showrunner) […] Female writers and directors were suddenly completely ignored on set, unable to do their jobs.” pic.twitter.com/NgpQmKBhZS
— Pop Faction (@PopFactions) December 17, 2022
- The third season of The Witcher has already been shot with Henry Cavill. Liam Hemsworth replaces him as Geralt of Rivia in the fourth season of the Netflix show.
No more Superman
Far away from Netflix, DC Studios has been brewing its own storm and Henry Cavill seems to be in the deadcenter of it. DC’s new CEOs James Gunn and Peter Safran have a whole new set of plans for the superhero franchise. Sadly, Henry Cavill is not part of any.
- The actor had made a long-awaited comeback to the DCEU through a cameo in Dwayne Johnson’s Black Adam this year. Fans were excited but the celebrations were cut short.
- Henry Cavill began his stint as Superman in 2013’s Man of Steel and continued to be director Zack Snyder’s favorite choice on the screen.
Henry Cavill in Marvel?
Rumors surfaced online that Henry Cavill had met with Marvel Studios executives to discuss the role of Wonder Man in the MCU. However, this was before the Superman cameo and now Yahya Abdul-Mateen II has bagged it.
According to insider Daniel Richtman, Marvel Studios is developing a Sentry solo project. MCU's Thunderbolts would be facing off against an antagonistic Sentry in their upcoming movie, a character who is “a conflicted and power villain…
Casting Henry Cavill pic.twitter.com/TOZL9Wztws
— Kingdom Ent Media Film (@ent_film) December 22, 2022
Henry Cavill is also a frontrunner for the role of 007 in the next James Bond movie, following Daniel Craig’s farewell from the franchise. Henry Cavill’s departure from DC and Netflix may have burned old bridges, but new avenues like the new Warhammer Universe have opened up for the actor quite quickly.
You can also share any questions you have about Henry Cavill. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.