Warner Bros and Avalanche software are set to release a Harry Potter franchise video game called Hogwarts Legacy.
With its gameplay trailer just released a few days ago, Potterheads and even some filthy muggles (pun intended) are already hyped by the game’s state of play.
SPIEL TIMES’ BREAKDOWN OF THE GAMEPLAY TRAILER
If you have seen the trailer, then you must have probably seen familiar details which gave you literal chills and nostalgia. While the trailer is packed with lots of information and detail, surely there are some things you might have missed or some questions that you have in mind. Let’s have a look at some of the details in the game:
- The Developers want to focus on the traditional single-player campaign. They’ve already cleared the speculation on the game being multiplayer co-op with this response:
- As the player, you will step into the shoes of a 5th-year witch/wizard who had just transferred to Hogwarts. As a new student, you will be sorted into one of the four Houses in the academy (Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin). Surprisingly, the mechanics of the game allows you to CHOOSE which house you want.
- The game is set during the late 1800s. This means it’s almost over a century before Harry Potter stepped foot on Hogwarts School of Witchcraft.
- It’s an immersive open-world simulation of a witch/wizard. By that, you definitely have endless possibilities in-game.
- There is actually more to the game than just the Hogwarts grounds. You can go outside and discover places like the Dark Forest, Hogsmeade Village, Black Lake, and more.
- You will be attending your regular classes like Charms, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, and Potions. You will also interact with your Professors and classmates.
- The Room of Requirement is shown in the trailer but has no further details shared yet.
Wait, there’s more?!
- There are some details and places that were never shown in the movie before. For example, the Hogwarts Kitchens were supposed to be off-limits to students. The reason behind this is because Elves are aloof of humans and only want to serve them.
- Just like other RPGs, the game has a combat system (against other witches/wizards or magical creatures) which looks fantastic.
- Buying, looting, and upgrading equipment is a commodity in this game.
- There’s also a great chance of meeting companions in-game. These NPCs have various backstories you will learn later in the game.
- There will be some familiar faces like Nearly Headless Nick, Fat Lady (Gryffindor Portrait). There’s also a possibility the game might introduce Albus Dumbledore or his family later in the game.
If you have any questions regarding Hogwarts Legacy, feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!