In less than three months, one of the most anticipated releases in 2023 is coming to all major gaming consoles. To get gamers excited, a gameplay showcase of Hogwarts Legacy premiered over a week ago and we’d be lying if we said we weren’t excited! The showcase gave us a more in-depth look at what to expect from Hogwarts Legacy in terms of gameplay and environment. Keep reading to find out more about what’s to come in Hogwarts Legacy once it releases in February 2023!
What to expect in Hogwarts Legacy
The gameplay showcase runs for over 46 minutes but despite being lengthy, it was full of exciting details regarding the upcoming game. They explore everything fans have been curious about since Hogwarts Legacy was announced.
From character customization down to the immersive experience it will give wizards, here’s every vital feature we can expect once Hogwarts Legacy releases!
Free will over Character Customization
Undeniably, this is Hogwarts Legacy’s major selling point. During the gameplay showcase, they gave excited players a look at how character customization will go in the game.
- The character customization/character creator gives players a wide array of choices. Through this, they have the ability to customize their character however they like
- If you’re no stranger to roleplaying games (RPGs), the options to customize your character are probably familiar. You can change features like your character’s face shape and hairstyle
- For those wanting to take customizing to a whole new level, you can also include facial blemishes in your character. These include moles, freckles, and even scars
- As for accessories, players can equip their characters with glasses. Similar to other RPG games, other designs of eyeglasses will be unlockable as they progress throughout the game
What the Combat System will be
Another thing players are curious about is the combat system in the game. Will it keep up with the incredible mechanics we’ve seen so far? There have already been videos highlighting combat but in the recent gameplay showcase, we were given a better look at it.
- You can cast different kinds of Spells in succession to generate a combo. In the video, one of the first Spells demonstrated is Accio. After the player cast that particular Spell, they were able to follow it up with a few basic attacks to complete the combo
- Each player has access to over 20 Spells that will aid them in their journey to prevent Dark Magic from taking over
User Interface and Player HUD
The gameplay showcase also gave us a better look at what the user interface and player HUD in Hogwarts Legacy look like.
- The 20 equipable spells we mentioned can be found on the lower right side of the screens. Each slot can be customized depending on a player’s preference. As for the health bar, it can also be found in this area along with what the devs call the “essential spell”
- On the other side of the screen, there are two elements. First, the mini-map helps players navigate their way around the wizarding world of Hogwarts.
- Together with the mini-map, we can also find the tool wheel. According to the gameplay showcase, this tool wheel contains “magical tools” that can be crafted and upgraded as you progress through the game
Immersive experience as a fifth-year student in Hogwarts Legacy
Despite the fact that the game’s theme is quite heavy and dark, it still aims to preserve the magical feeling of being a student at Hogwarts. In the gameplay showcase, Hogwarts Legacy excites fans with how breathtaking the environment is.
- First of all, they really put attention to detail in the Houses. For those unfamiliar, there are four houses in Hogwarts: Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. In Hogwarts Legacy, they have perfectly curated each house to make players feel like they are actually there
- Remember how Hogwarts felt so warm and homey in the movies every time the Holidays were around? It looks like they’re incorporating this detail in Hogwarts Legacy. But aside from events like Christmas, the seasons also change in Hogwarts Legacy!
- If you’re a big fan of the Harry Potter films, you’re in for a treat with Hogwarts Legacy. From the gameplay showcase, we were able to see some iconic locations brought to life once more through the game
- We also saw in the showcase that you’ll unlock Floo Powder locations as a way to fast travel. We can’t wait to see all the locations we can go to in the game!
Hogwarts Legacy is releasing in early 2023
That gameplay showcase really shed light on some of the most anticipated features for Hogwarts Legacy. Truth be told, we can’t wait to get our hands on it and combat the Dark Magic threatening the peace in the wizarding world!
From the showcase, it’s safe to say that Hogwarts Legacy will be one of 2023’s biggest gaming releases. The game is coming to the PlayStation 4 & 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and Microsoft Windows.
If you pre-order the game now, you will get exclusive pre-order bonuses depending on what edition you’ll avail.
- For the Standard Edition, you’ll receive the Onyx Hippogriff cosmetic and if you get it on the PlayStation, you’ll get an exclusive potion and quest
- As for the Deluxe Edition, you’ll receive everything included in the Standard version in addition to early access and the Dark Arts pack
- The Collector’s Edition includes every pre-order bonus as well as physical merchandise that’s perfect for any die-hard Harry Potter fan
Which feature are you most excited about in Hogwarts Legacy? Feel free to let us know in the comments below! Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.