Hogwarts Legacy will release on the Steam Deck next monthThere has been a rising trend in gaming where tech companies come up with ways to bring the gaming experience to more and more people. One of these innovations is the release of devices such as the Steam Deck. Although there have already been portable gaming devices released over the years, none of them come close to what the Steam Deck is capable of.
- With a Steam Deck, it definitely feels like everything is possible. The device itself is powerful and if you want to game on the go instead of carrying around a bulky gaming laptop or building a PC at home, this is the device for you.
- As of now, you can play high-end games like God of War (2018) and Marvel’s Spider-Man or even indie games like Unpacking.
- The possibilities are endless with a Steam Deck and according to Warner Bros., one of the frontrunners for the biggest game release this year will be available on the device. That’s right, folks. Hogwarts Legacy is coming to the Steam Deck!
The game is verified for Valve’s portable deviceResponding to a tweet from a fan, the official support account for Warner Bros. Games assured that Avalanche Software will be “Steam Deck verified” at launch. This means that the upcoming Harry Potter-inspired game will be optimized for Valve’s portable device.
Hello again, David! We reached out to the Hogwarts Legacy team for you and were able to confirm that the game WILL be Steam Deck verified on launch. We hope this helps with your decision! Take care.— WB Games Support (@WBGamesSupport) January 12, 2023
- Aside from the Steam Deck, the game is also coming to the Nintendo Switch. However, you’re better off gaming with the Steam Deck since its hardware is more advanced than the Switch. Plus, there’s also the late release date for the Nintendo Switch. On the Steam Deck, you can get the game on February 10th compared to the July release date for Nintendo’s portable device.
- Another important thing to note is that Hogwarts Legacy will be demanding even for players on the PC. Since it is verified for the Steam Deck, you won’t have any problems running it. Of course, we would have to see actual gameplay on the device. But we’re more than confident that Valve’s device will deliver in running Hogwarts Legacy smoothly.