If you’re still on the fence about getting God of War: Ragnarok when it comes out next month, maybe this will help you decide. According to the latest reports about God of War: Ragnarok, there are going to be plenty of side quests in the game which will make it significantly long to play. It looks like the upcoming God of War: Ragnarok will be longer than its predecessor released in 2018. Just how many side quests are there and how long will it take for players to complete God of War: Ragnarok? Keep on reading to find out more.
Lots of gamers are definitely looking forward to when this game finally releases to the public. Ragnarok will have us see the end of a saga as Kratos and Atreus embark on a journey taking place in Fimbulwinter. Recent leaks have disclosed more information about the game’s length and the number of side quests we can expect.
God of War: Ragnarok is going to take over 40 hours to finish – including side quests
In a report from Insider Gaming, they found that the main storyline of God of War: Ragnarok will take over 20 hours to complete.
- The main story will include 3 and a half hours of cinematic scenes, meaning that sixteen and a half of the 20 hours are dedicated to gaming
- As for the side quests, they will add a whopping 20 more hours to the overall length of the game. There will only be one hour of additional cinematics for the 20 hours it takes to complete the side quests
- The latest God of War game coming next month will be 8 hours longer than the last release in 2018
- This doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ll immediately complete the game in 40 hours. Depending on your playstyle, you may finish God of War: Ragnarok longer than the estimated playtime
Sony isn’t revealing other information about God of War: Ragnarok for now
Despite the fact that the game is set to release next month, there is still no word from Sony about the official file size or other details about the game. However, a user called PlayStationSize on Twitter revealed a few weeks ago that they were able to spot a download page for God of War: Ragnarok on the PS4.
- The download page indicates that the file size of the game will be over 90 GB. It looks like this may be the size without any updates or patches added to the game
- Of course, this doesn’t necessarily mean that players on the PS5 will have the same file size. Each game’s file size varies depending on what console you’re using
- It’s possible that the game will have this large file size considering the fact that we’ll be getting 40 hours’ worth of content
As of now, God of War: Ragnarok has not gotten its dedicated State of Play event yet. It’s impossible for Sony not to host a State of Play showcase for the upcoming game considering how many people are looking forward to it. That being said, it’s safe to assume that we’ll get a State of Play showcase before the month ends.
God of War: Ragnarok releases on November 9 for both the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5. You can already place a pre-order for the game if you haven’t yet. Doing so will give you the following cosmetics that will be unlocked as you progress through the game’s main story:
- Kratos Risen Snow Armor
- Atreus Risen Snow Tunic (Cosmetic)
If you have other questions about God of War: Ragnarok, feel free to share them in the comments below. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.