Hey, players! We’re back with another MultiVersus article that may be helpful for you and your friends. Yesterday, MultiVersus reached 10 million players worldwide, and we’re excited about what awaits in the game!
However, there is a question that made us do this article for you, players. “How to 1v1 with friends in MultiVersus, players want to challenge their friends in a battle in this newest fighting game. Besides the 2v2 competitive designed way to play the game, there is a lingering question about how to compete in a 1v1 mode in the game with friends. The answer’s here! Are you ready to compete with your friends in a 1v1 mode?
Play MultiVersus 1v1, here’s how
Let’s begin immediately so you can face your competitive friend in a 1v1 battle via Local Play. Firstly, you may want to run the game and quickly head to the Main Menu. Follow the steps below for easier access:
- After launching MultiVersus, click the Play button, as if you are to play the online mode.
- Then, hover to the top right of the screen, and click Custom.
- From there, go to the Local Play option then click.
- After this, it brings you to a new screen where you can adjust the settings to your liking. Manage the controller, keyboard, etc. to join the lobby, you can pick out the character as well.
- Moreover, when you hover and click the open book icon on the top right corner, there you can change the match setting to 1v1 mode.
- When you start the match, it brings you to the Map Rotation screen, pick one map, click Accept, then you are ready to go!
However, if you find the above-mentioned way challenging or confusing, you may want to try to use the other method. We’ll walk you through 1v1 mode via Custom Game, check the steps below:
- Click the Custom Game button. You can see the button just below The Lab.
- Once you click the button, easily you can invite your friend, or add a bot. You should also ask them to change their Custom Game settings for your battle.
- You can change the Game Mode to 1v1. Also, change other desired settings you can see on your screens such as time, ring outs, and map locations.
What you can do in MultiVersus 1v1 Local Play match
If you ask us, playing MultiVersus in a Local Play is one of the best. In this setting, you can freely use the playable characters and perks during the customized match. We should thank the developers a.k.a. Player First Games! Anyway, let’s move forward to the Local Play settings you can manage.
- Firstly, you can choose whether to play 1v1, Free for All, or Teams (2v2).
- Also, you can manage the time duration of the game, or when you choose a 1v1 match, you can also change the ringouts!
- You can also check to enable or disable Hazards in the match.
- Lastly, you can pick a map of your choice, or choose maps then MultiVersus can choose randomly for you!
Additionally, these match settings are also applicable for Custom Game plays. There is also an option to how many lives (known as Stocks in the game) you can have, and even pick Teams or Team Colors. We’re pretty sure MultiVersus would add more customization in future updates!
More to expect in MultiVersus
If you are here to know more about MultiVersus, we’ll tell you a few things we know about this blockbuster Warner Bros. Games creation. There are things to expect and wait for in the game, so we’ll list them below.
- Wait for the new modes update. Yes, Warner Bros. confirms Ranked Battle, Arcade Mode, and more in the game. The new modes arrive in the first season of MultiVersus, so you may want to watch out for that.
- Alongside the new modes, unlock new characters and cosmetics too in the upcoming first season. Cartoon Network’s Rick and Morty comes to the game, and a Robin costume for the basketball superstar, LeBron James.
- New icons, banners, and variants await brawlers too. These are all confirmed by a Tweet from MultiVersus’ official Twitter account. Check out the post below!
However, Warner Bros. previously announced that the start of the first season of MultiVersus starts on August 9th, along with the arrival of Morty in the character roster. Warner Bros. is yet to announce another official date for the season’s start, but hopefully, on the last week of the month. Also, there is a list of possible and leaked playable characters to come to MultiVersus, and we’ll lay them out for you. This still needs confirmation from the developers, by the way!
- Joker – DC
- Raven – DC
- Gizmo – Gremlins
- Marvin the Martian – Looney Tunes
- Scooby-Doo – Scooby-Doo
- Daenerys – Game of Thrones
- The Hound – Game of Thrones
- Wicked Witch – The Wizard of Oz
- Godzilla – Godzilla
There is also a list of possible playable characters in the game which is in its early development as of this writing. This brings a lot of new challenges in MultiVersus 1v1 matches. Also, it would be better to wait for their official arrival in the game, so we hope you don’t get your hopes too high!
- Johnny Bravo – Johnny Bravo
- Fred Flinstone – Flinstones
- Samurai Jack – Samurai Jack
- The Powerpuff Girls – Powerpuff Girls (all one fighter)
- The Animaniacs – The Animaniacs (all one fighter)
- Duck Dodgers/Daffy – Looney Tunes
- Scorpion – Mortal Kombat
- Ben 10 – Ben 10
- Ted Lasso – Ted Lasso