The most awaited tournament, TATA IPL started on March 26. However, there wasn’t an opening ceremony in IPL 2022, due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The first match was between Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) at DY Patil stadium, Maharashtra. If you have tickets for IPL 2022 matches this year, here’s an article guiding you on how to reach DY Patil Stadium. This article brings you all the means through which you can reach DY Patil stadium easily and economically.
If you are traveling to Mumbai by flight then you will be at Mumbai Airport Terminal 1. The distance from Mumbai airport to DY Patil Stadium is 33.2 km. Then you will have three options to reach DY Patil stadium:
- You can book a taxi which will cost around Rs 350 to Rs 650, i.e., if you’re booking an online taxi, otherwise, it might cost around Rs 1000. It will take 1 hour to reach the stadium if you don’t get stuck in Mumbai’s traffic.
- The other option is a bus which will be more economical. You can board the bus from Domestic Airport Junction to Kala Nagar. From Kala Nagar you have to reach Fisher Rose Company bus boarding on another bus, that’s all. DY Patil Stadium is just 210 meters away. It will take 2 hours to reach the stadium.
- You can also use the Mumbai Local train. First board on Harbour line from Ville Parle to Wadala Road, then again on Harbour line to Nerul. DY Patil is just 2km away from Nerul. You will reach the stadium in 1 hour.
Fans traveling by train will have to reach Mumbai Central. DY Patil Stadium is 33.7 km away from Mumbai Central Railway Station. You have three options to reach DY Patil Stadium:
- Firstly, you can book a taxi online which will cost around Rs 450 to Rs 600. You will reach the stadium in an hour.
- You can use the bus to be more economical. First, you have to reach Bandra by hanging in the Mumbai Local’s Western Line. From Bandra bus station, board the bus for Fisher Rose Company. Finally, you will reach the DY Patil stadium, just 210 meters away. It will take 2 hours and 26 minutes to reach the stadium.
- The last option is to travel by Mumbai Locals, which will be much more economical but at the same time more uncomfortable as well hectic. Firstly, you to board on Western line to Elphinstone Road, then you have to reach Parel which is just 3 minutes away. Form Parel board on the central line to Kurla, then on Harbour line to Nerul. DY Patil is just 2km away from Nerul.