Ever wonder what a Toy Story x Call of Duty project would look like? Well, wonder no more as we bring you HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed! Although this game has been around for around two years now, it’s only starting to gain traction after clips of its gameplay went viral on social media. A lot of users got excited over the fact that you get to play as childhood toys in an FPS/third-person shooter game. If you’re one of them, you may want to stick around to know where to download HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed. Stay with us!
What is HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed?
In HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed, the characters available for players to use are modelled after action figures. You can play the game in either FPP (first-person perspective) or TPP (third-person perspective). Although it is a shooter game like Call of Duty, there are some mechanics which have you fortify your defences in order to defeat the enemy team.
- You can play HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed in either single-player or multiplayer. One of the things we like about the game is it supports split-screen co-op if you get tired of playing online with other players!
- Similar to Call of Duty, you can get into matches with other players. But if you’re a casual player looking to get the hang of shooter games like HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed, you have the option to match against bots
- The game pays homage to a bunch of stuff gamers from the 90s grew up with. Some of the details in the game reference things from the classic Pixar animated film, Toy Story. So if you ever wondered what it was like seeing things from Buzz or Woody’s perspective, HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed is the best way to feed your curiosity
- Although you have to purchase the game to try it out, the items you can receive are all obtainable by just playing in matches. Bye-bye, pesky microtransactions!
Platforms and where to download
At the moment, HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed is only available on the PC via Steam and the Nintendo Switch. However, the official Twitter account for the game hinted at the title coming soon on the Xbox Series S! Check out the tweet below and see if you notice their lengthy display name, too.
this is our indie game, hypercharge.
do you want to become an action figure with your squad on the Xbox Series S?
RT if yes. Follow if yes yes. pic.twitter.com/80AP5bYzX2
— Hypercharge | Xbox Players, Sign Up (Check Bio) 👇 (@HyperchargeGame) April 9, 2022
- If you have a Nintendo Switch, the game is available for only $17.99-$19.99 USD. There is also the option to get the complete edition for HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed but this will net you $30.00 USD
- As for PC gamers, it’s in the same price range as the Nintendo Switch version. Right now, you can only purchase it via Steam so get to creating an account if you don’t have one yet!
Will the game arrive on the PlayStation and Xbox?
Digital Cybercherries, the developer and publisher of HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed, looks like they’re focusing on bringing the game to consoles soon. Although there is no word yet on whether they’ll bring this to the PlayStation 4 and 5, it’s likely the game will be available for Xbox gamers.
It’s also important to note that Digital Cybercherries is a small team comprised of just five people. If they’re looking to get a project this big on major consoles, it will definitely take some time for the game to be ready. In the meantime, you can follow their official Twitter account for updates on the Xbox version. Fingers crossed that we’ll get the console versions by next year!
OTHER NEWS: PROJECT: Playtime – Early Access, How to avail?
What are your thoughts on HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed so far? Will you be trying it out? We would love to hear from you in the comments below! We would love to hear from you. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.