This news deeply saddens us early in the morning. A car accident report involving Indiana State University students early Sunday, August 21st. Five people rode the vehicle, all assumed as university students. At present, the investigation continues, as Vigo County sheriff John Plasse said in a statement. Indiana State University is also saddened by the three students killed in the single-vehicle accident. We’ll tell you more information about this news below.
What happened to the Indiana State University students
Based on the report of the authorities who responded to the scene, “the vehicle had left the roadway and struck a tree”. Moreover, this happened in Riley, Indiana. Upon the arrival of the deputies, the car was on fire with a driver and four passengers inside the vehicle. Unfortunately, the deputies announced the death of the driver and two other students on the scene itself. However, the other two survived as they were freed from the car and rushed for medical treatment with serious injuries, Plasse mentioned.
- “This is a terrible tragedy,” ISU President Dr. Deborah J. Curtis said. Significantly, the car accident believes to involve several football players from ISU led to moving the women’s soccer match at the Memorial Stadium to a later date.
- In addition, the ISU president states, “As we are waiting on additional details from authorities investigating this accident, our hearts go out to the families and friends of the students involved.”
More information on the accident
The authorities have yet to know the cause of the said accident. However, there are no reports of drunk driving that led to the car accident. Additionally, this happened about ten miles from campus. There are no identities given yet by the authorities, however, we have gathered a few names on social media.
- People have been sending their prayers to the families of these individuals. One of the survivors named Omarion Dixon hails from Harrison Raiders. One of their pages mentions that Omarion is out of surgery and be needing any prayers he can get.
As many of you know, Omarion was involved in a major accident over night. He is out of surgery and still needs all of the prayers he can get.
Fight on, O. You got this, 47. 🔹🔸
— HHS Raider Football (@HHS_Raider_FB) August 21, 2022
- On the other hand, ISU students’ other soccer teammates tweet about their loss and sadness. Cade Chambers, an ISU quarterback talks about the pain this accident brought them.
I can’t even begin to describe the pain we are all feeling today. Please take some time out of your day to pray for everyone involved. Fly high guys💙 https://t.co/vPspbJYbiB
— Cade Chambers (@Cadechambers_03) August 21, 2022
- As abovementioned, another Indiana State University student-athlete, Johnathan Edwards, a cornerback for the ISU, sends his prayers for his teammates and two of the survivors of the accident. He mentions their names in the tweet below.
R.I.P to my fallen brothers 💔praying for John and Omarion and all of the families.
— Johnathan Edwards™️ (@jedwards10_) August 22, 2022
- In line with this, it is a tough time for everyone — the ISU family and all the families and relatives of the involved individuals. We will be updating you on the cause of this car accident after gathering information soon. Also, we hope to hear good news about the survivors’ condition. May they get all the rest they need to recover well.
We send our condolences to the loved ones of these students. May they rest well in power.
You can also share your thoughts and prayers below. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.