Days before its release, New World Interactive has delayed the release of Insurgency: Sandstorm. Earlier set to release on September 18th, the game will now arrive on December 12th.
According to New World, the game requires more refinement and significant improvements before it can be released worldwide. To supplement the aforementioned, the company has extended the duration of the Pre-Order Beta and pushed the release date to the end of the year.
During the Pre-Order Beta, thousands of players submitted their feedback and suggestions that helped New World’s development team to polish the game and make the required changes. Following fan feedback, two hotfixes and a significant patch were released.
New World will take maximum advantage of the extend time-period to target for a lower system requirement, address more bugs, work on overall polish, gather additional feedback from the community to refine gameplay, and ensure that highly requested community features which may otherwise have had to be added post-launch.
New World wants to achieve the following major goals during the extended time-period –
- Upgrade to Unreal Engine 4.20 and continue optimizing
- Improve the character models, textures, and animations in the game
- Improve the “scoped” experience for both high and low-quality scope settings
- Improve the level visuals, gameplay and optimization
- Add more cosmetic item variations and a new forearm tattoo cosmetic type which can also be seen in first-person
- Expand in-game server options to include a server browser, community-run server support, and a custom games system allowing users to specially configure games hosted by our server infrastructure
- Refine the game to the point it has far fewer bugs, glitches, visual inconsistencies and other issues
Insurgency: Sandstorm will continue to have its 10% pre-order discount until release. New pre-orders will still grant you access to the Pre-Order Beta that runs till December 12th. The game is currently priced at ₹899 ($9.99).
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update on Insurgency: Sandstorm. Until next time, Happy Gaming!