New World Interactive is ready to roll out a major update for Insurgency: Sandstorm later this month. The update includes overall optimisation, gameplay improvements and a new map.
The update will bring in better optimisation, refined character model and animations, improved gameplay, bug fixes and overall degree of polish in general. Additionally, it will enable support for third party dedicated servers and the ability to launch custom configured games.
Here’s the entire list of what’s coming in the next update –
- Migration to Unreal Engine 4.20.
- A new urban map called ‘Precinct’ stylistically distinct from others seen in the beta so far.
- Community dedicated servers and an improved server browser.
- Improvements to the low-quality scope option.
- A new tattoo cosmetic option, with more varieties to come.
- Additional Anti-Aliasing and graphics options.
- Improved character models and animations, including caching of cosmetic items to increase performance, higher quality textures, and proportion adjustments.
- Numerous gameplay tweaks to movement speed, weapon mechanics, armour, fire support, map layouts, and hundreds of bug fixes and improvements.
The team has upgraded from Unreal Engine 4.19 to Unreal Engine 4.20 which caused some delay in the update frequency. However, as promised by Marketing and Communications Director Jon Higgins, newer updates will roll out more frequently.
New World has also planned an exclusive tattoo cosmetic along with additional cosmetic appearance credits at launch as rewards for the players who gave valuable feedback during the beta-testing period.
Insurgency: Sandstorm is due on December 12th for PC. Console versions will arrive next year.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update on Insurgency: Sandstorm. Until next time, Happy Gaming!